Signia 7IX Hearing Aids

I haven’t seen any discussion on this forum about Signia aids for some time. I am currently on year 7 or so on Resound with which I have been very happy. I now have insurance which apparently only covers a provider which is primarily Signia. Does anyone have experience with Signia that would be willing to share your experience with the brand - it’s strengths, shortfalls, reliability, compatibility with Android telephone, and TV streaming, etc. I’m not concerned with the provider at this time. BTW, my hearing loss is severe to profound.

Thank you.
LRA

You could use the search button from right here on hearingtracker here

https://forum.hearingtracker.com/search?context=topic&context_id=87435&q=Signia&skip_context=true

You could also try any particular model in your search like say Signia Pure X, AX or IX.
Signia (Rexton) are fantastic aids, your right tho not a lot talk compared to say Phonak or Oticon, I put this down to how satisfied people are with them ; )

2 Likes

I became the proud owner of a pair of Pure Charge&Go 7 T IX w/hp receivers a few weeks ago compliments of the VA. I have always worn Siemens then Signia aids. I have a follow-up appointment next week but will probably cancel.

My real interest is with respect to boots on the ground experience with Signia. I was hoping to delay new aids until Auracast is available, but I am now thinking I might not be able to wait that long. I will want all the bells & whistles, thus the Signia 7IX

New question – can anyone tell if or me why my Resound TV Bluetooth streamers can or cannot be paired with, say Signia hearing aids, or any other Bluetooth Device?

Depending on your insurance copay on the Signia you can get new ReSound Nexia 9s under the name Jabra Enhance Pro 20s at Costco for $1600 (they are the ‘same’ thing except the app is a different color). They have a 180 day return policy for a full refund, a 3 year warranty, and free parts and service for their HAs. They also have Rexton and Phillips brand which are ‘similar’ to Signia and Oticon respectively. Enjoy your search for new HAs as a lot has changed in 7 years.

{They have Auracast with they Galaxy S23)

I would appreciate very much if you could/would give me an overview of the consistency/ease of use of the app, quality of sound, etc. Thanks so much for your response.

I have AX Stylettos, and I will only consider switching to IX when they have LE Audio/Auracast enabled [they’re supposed to get it via firmware update; I’ll believe it when I’ll see it].
You cannot connect them because they’re [companies] using proprietary protocols to lock you in into their ecosystem. I don’t think that’s possible with Auracast/LE Audio [otherwise this protocol would be pointless].
So it should be possible to connect Signias IX to Resound’s Streamer+ when they get firmware update enabling Auracast.

1 Like

You can get the EnhancePro app, on the Google store and use it in demo mode, to get an idea of the features with the 4 programs I use. They are All Around (the default), Hear in Noise, Music and Outdoors. It is one of the best apps.

I find the app very full functioned and easy to use once you do an overview of all the features. They are consistent across the programs but with varying EQ and mic defaults, that you can modify under the ‘sound enhancer’, for ‘noise filter’ and ‘speach clarity’ buttons. In streaming mode those same buttons change to 'streaming focus ’ and ‘hear all’.

I love the sound on these HAs after my second fitting. When I first got them I was fitted with the default open domes for my audiogram. After reading posts on this forum I went back to my HCP and switched to closed domes and had them raise the bass response under the three options for bass response defaults. I asked him to raise the bass on streaming. This really helped my music mode. The clarity was great.

At my third fitting I asked to switch to the M&RIE Receivers and power domes (some prefer custom molds). They are a unique to ReSound/Jabra receiver with an extra mic in the ear. They can improve directionality and can have an even more natural sound. There are a number of M&RIE treads you can read more about. They are not applicable to all audiograms but I really like them.

I have the Samsung S23 Ultra and I find the ASHA mode more stable then LE Audio, at the loss of hands free unless you use the Phone Clip+. By this I meaning I have to toggle Bluetooth less often.

I switch between streaming, voice texting and calls a lot through out the day and I have to toggle Bluetooth fairly often with LE Audio enabled as I can get sound drop off or one hearing aid quiet.

Still I use LE Audio frequently when I want hands free calls since I do not have a phone clip+ and when I want to stream music and not doing too much else. I am very pleased with my Jabra EP 20s.

I hope this helps.

Thank you very much for your post. Interestingly enough, the app is clearly done by the same team that did ReSound’s. They are the same general layout and configuration as I have been using for 7+ years.

Is there verification that the firmware can/will be upgraded to auracast when available?

Well the hearing aids appear to support Auracast already. The Streamer+ uses Auracast to talk with the EP 20s and the Nexia 9s. Samsung UI 6.1 has also enabled Auracast in their settings on my S23. But, I have not tried it myself.

Yes. Interestingly I noticed the ReSound app and the Jabra app have the same version number os 1.35.1 and the same release date of Mar 15 2024. Suspecting they were rebrands of the same app… For giggles, yesterday I tried to pair to the ReSound Smart 3D app to my Jabra EP 20s and it works! I have been using it non stop for 20 hours thus far. Everything functions the same. All programs and switching in and out of streaming music and making calls. The same idiosynchronies with Android are apparent. Even the firmware version of the HAs show as ‘up to date’ in the app: 9.18.1.2. I tried to pair to both apps at the same time but it did not work. I prefer the burgundy color… :joy:.

this will be my 5th year with Signia (my 2nd pair) and I can’t complain. I have the tv streamer which works really well and i just got the mic for a conference i’ll be attending. overall i’d say they work well (but i have no other brand to compare them too). i just got custom ear molds made and that took some adjusting and a re-make to get them right.

1 Like

I have moderate hearing loss and have been using the Signia C&G T AX7’s for about a year. I am happy with their performance overall, but these are my first hearing aids, aside from an OTC set of Lucid Engage ($700 on sale), so my comparison ability is limited.

These HA’s were fitted by the VA using REM resulting in a greatly improved ability to hear higher frequencies and much better conversation comprehension.

The battery life is excellent, 18-hour days are no problem. I have not had an opportunity to try the telecoil.

Unfortunately, I cannot stream audio directly from my Samsung phone (see the Signia website for Android device streaming compatibility) or other devices, However, I have the Signia Streamline Mic that works quite well as a bridge to the phone and other Bluetooth sources. Some have complained the battery charge life of the Streamline Mic is too short, but I rarely use it for more than 4 hours at a time and it hasn’t been a problem. I also have the Signia TV streamer which is excellent, providing good quality audio at great range.

Unfortunately, as well, I would consider the App to be only marginally acceptable. It offers the ability to choose from a few preset non-customizable programs, like Universal, Noisy, Stroll, and Telecoil, but there is no option to save a custom program. Overall modification can be made by using the built in Signia Assistant which will modify the HA settings using the responses to a series of questions, but incremental changes cannot be changed once accepted. After a change has been accepted, the only option is to revert to the original audiologist settings. The app also has volume, very basic equalizer (Soft/Sharp balance), and directional control settings. Quite frankly, IMO, the Lucid App is much better. It has preset programs which can be customized with savable gain settings across the audio frequency spectrum.

Overall, I am pleased with the sound quality of the aids, but disappointed that I cannot stream audio (including calls) directly from my phone. On the other hand, Bluetooth streaming using the Streamline Mic or Streamline TV devices works quite well. The App, IMO, is mediocre.

The accessories are probably the worst part of the Signia brand, they’re old, they’re shitty and they’re expensive. With the exception of portable chargers/cases which are nice.
This is especially annoying considering the fact that WS Audiology owns both Signia and Widex, with Widex having significantly nicer and wider range of accessories.
The App is poor and slow, although if you have the Assistant enabled you can do via it pretty much everything that can be done via fitting software [you just need to know what to ask].
Having Fitting software at hand and the possibility to adjust them on your own [which I do] significantly increases their value imho.

In Europe, Hörluchs makes titanium domes and earmoulds for Signia, which are amazing.