Signia 7ax - Phone Calls Issue

I’ve got the Signia Pure Charge & Go 7ax HAs and I LOVE them. I had HAs about 10 years ago, but returned them for a few reasons, the big one being that they didn’t connect to my phone like these do. I didn’t need a dongle around my neck. But I probably should have begun using them way back when and just waited for improvements.

In the meantime, I’m having an issue with the phone calls. Inbound calls seem to not immediately connect to the HAs. My workaround is to switch the phone to speaker, then back to ‘normal’, and they connect at that point.

Anyone else seen something like this and know of a fix?
When first connecting, you can choose ‘ringer’ or ‘media’ for the BLE connection. What’s the difference and could this be the cause?

2 Likes

try testing on another smartphone, to be sure if the cause is the smartphone or the hearing aid

I haven’t noticed this myself, as @markoo355 has suggested try another phone, also another thing to try, is delete the pairings and reboot your phone and try again. Also is this for android or iPhone?

2 Likes

I have the Signia AX7s paired with an older model I-phone. At first I struggled with blue tooth connection (if that’s what it is) but the aids are performing flawlessly with the phone now. I’m not sure what changed. Probably I was doing something wrong and finally got it right. I do have to occasionally reboot the program, as tenkan says above, and that always works. Also, Signia has told me that it’[s a good idea to turn off my phone occasionally and then turn it back on; this seems to do something to clear up certain connectivity issues.

1 Like

I have isssues trying to get my calls to connect to my hearing aids as well. I just have to turn off Bluetooth and then turn on speaker to be able to hear callers.

1 Like