Signia 7AX - Costco Equivalent

I have the Jabra M&RIE with tulip dome. No feedback issues at all. It depends on where your gain curves are in relation to the feedback curve. You would be able to see that on the REM test that they can print out for you. You might want to check out the M&RIE presentation at Audiology Online. It talks about who is appropriate and how to see who will have feedback issues.

The new AX provides independent parallel processing of noise vs speech. New hardware.

The previous X Series featured a motion sensor added to the platform.

Before that was the NX platform which featured Own Voice Processing.

HTH

1 Like

that means costco is one level below and not two as i mentioned…

1 Like

Except that now they have Rexton Bi-Core which I believe is similar to the AX which would make them current generation.

I’ve read that Miracle Ear hearing aids are just rebranded Signia aids. So does that mean that Rexton and Miracle Ear are the same hearing aids?

I don’t think it’s quite that simple. WS Audiology makes Signia, Rexton and Miracle Ear hearing aids, as well as other brands. I think there is strong similiarity among those 3 brands with their hearing aids sharing many of the same features.

Here’s a chart that I just found that shows the connections among HA manufacturers. Hearing-Tracker_Hearing-Industry-Map-2021.pdf (5.6 MB)

1 Like

The Covid didn’t stop me from using my hearing aids in noisy environments. During the lockdowns when gyms were closed, I joined a ‘Speak Easy’ gym that stayed open. The place was packed and noisy because it was the only gym still open. My Siemens Pure Binex 7 bx performed great, I benched pressed 315lbs and no one got sick from Covid. …and my state governor is a jerk.

1 Like

Interesting . . .

Given that the gym had a lot of newcomers and was packed, I’m wondering how you would know if anyone got sick from Covid.

Something I omitted re the BiCore . . . when I re-checked the info on the Rexton site, the language that I had found (my post above) which was distinctly similar to that for the AX, is now entirely gone and has been replaced by fluff video. Other than the “Bi” there is no inference.

The Signia sites also have been changed. The “two processors” language has been demoted to two user-friendly sentences and the 2-chip illustration replaced.

I’m not that surprised. Technically speaking, “2 chips” was not accurate.

1 Like

Yes, comparing hearing aid specs is like trying to read tea leaves. I’ve had best luck if I can find a “pro” section of the manufacturer’s web page and find something that compares features across various level of their hearing aids. It’s a lot of work however. I’m not motivated to do it for a hearing aid I’m not considering.

Weird flex but okay.

Right. I’ve found the pro sites for each brand I’m looking at. I’m surprised though at the high level of marketing as compared to solid product and technical info, with a lot of it a sales pitch on why they should affiliate with/prescribe that brand. I would think that Aud’s would want a lot more substance.

At the same time, I may be biased by my tech background. Maybe all that Aud’s need is the technical data sheets and the fitting software instructions???

2 Likes

Yes, marketing material dominates. I still think one can get a feel by comparing features from hearing aids from the same parent company, but different brands, but it can be like reading tea leaves. Comparing specs across manufacturers is not possible in my mind, other than maybe bluetooth features.

I’m about to get my first HA. I’ve tried the Nuheara earbuds and Apple earpod pros and while they help they are not very ideal and don’t offer much amplification or noise filtering. And my own voice is so distracting (echos). So I’ve selected the BiCore from Rexon at CostCo. They do appear to be equivalent to Signia AX7 physically and feature wise. I get them on 7/19 and I’m hoping they work well for my loss. At least CostCo does and REM and the fitter seemed to know what she was doing her results were very close to what I’ve been able to measure online. So tired of not being able to understand my mtn biking riding partners and saying “what” to my wife, lol.

I have the detailed spec sheet for the Signia AX7, AX5 and AX3 and the BiCore from CostCo. All the spec values for the BiCore are identical to the Signia AX7. Even all the fit curves are identical. The only differences are under the Features and Accessories section. Names are different and Signia goes into more detail. OVP for Signia is My Voice for the BiCore for instance, eWindscreen for the Signia is Wind Noise Reduction for the BiCore. I think they are identical with the same features although the BiCore has or might have different internal programming but even that might not be entirely true and it’s just how they prefer to market the BiCore and play down the differences.

I wanted to add that after looking at the Signia app the Rexton app is identical. And both apps seem to not allow the user to do very much adjusting and leave that to tech or the “neural net” which makes changes that can only be reversed at the time of the change or with a complete reset. And you don’t get any feedback on what they changed but I’m told the tech can see that. So far not very happy with my BiCores and hoping I can get some needed tweaks at my 2 week follow up.

2 Likes

Could you attach the spec sheets you mention?

Hmmm…my impression is that the Signia AX7 etc was newly released just over a year ago. Would Signia release the same aid at Costco at the same time? It’s their premier aid, one of them. Somehow I doubt that.

Sorry I disposed of the spec sheets a long time ago when I bought the Philips HA. While the physical specs are the same no doubt there are plenty of differences with the software which seems to have similar characteristics but different names and the the Signia software appears to have a few more “features”.

Hi @TheGoatLord ! I know this is older but i thought i’d join the convo. As far as i know, and i’ve fit and programmed both Signia AX hearing aids, Tru Hearing and Costco Rexton hearing aids. I’ve worked for costco AND beltone and fit everything in between. The rexton M-core aids were the generation before the Rexton Bi Core (costco’s newest rexton). The signia AX are equivalent to the Rexton BiCore. Both use the same fitting software and have very similar features with different names. I’m still in the process of figuring out just how similar the software is, the AI, etc… They are all made by sivantos and all have the same housing, and internal components (the hearing aids are the same). The only difference is the software that runs them. How different? I’m still looking. So far, the fitting software is exactly the same, as far as i can tell but i don’t know if theres any major differences.

I’m also trying to figure out, by doing tons of research, how similar the software is for the Philips Hearlink 9030’s which are the equivalent to the oticon more and the difference between the Phonak and KS10 which are also made by the same manufacturer (sonova)

I have tons of experience with the Resound Jabra and Beltone Hearing Aids and I can tell you for sure, the software and features between those two share are identical, again with different names and different colors for the fitting software. If the same is true of all the other aids i mentioned earlier, there is literally no difference but the Resound Jabra and Beltone may be the exception. I’m still searching, let me know if you have any questions i may be able to answer! Happy hunting.

Btw… the Rexton Bi Cores are great, here is a video i made on how the hearing aids are all made by the same manufacturers but with HUGE price differences for the (possibly) same aids.

1 Like

well it depends on when you went to costco, they now have the Rexton BiCore which are 1600.00 for the set and they are the new generation, BiCore as in 2 cores. The equivalent to the ax series from signia