Signia 7AX audio streaming tinny

I have new Signia C&G 7AX hearing aids. They are proving fantastic for my hearing using them as hearing aids.

However, streaming audio to them sounds completely wrong. They sound extremely tinny with no bass and little midband, almost like it is not streaming the flat audio but only streaming the adjustment my ears need.

I am using an iPhone 14. Any ideas?

Thank you,

John

Yes you’ll need to go back to your audiologist and have them make some adjustments for streaming, there’s also the App that can help, but it really needs to set up correctly in the software first, and then the App works really well.

If you have vented domes, that’s about what you will have to accept for streaming. The sounds indeed are all there (not just the adjusted gains), but the lower tones bounce right back out of your ears. The more you go into occluded domes, or into custom molds, the more the streamed sounds will sound better.

With your HAs in and streaming, gently stick your finger in your ear just enough to close the air gap. You should notice a vast improvement in streaming quality.

Another thing is the receivers are Balanced Armature drivers, you won’t get pumping bass anyway, but you should be able to get them sounding acceptable.

Thank you that makes perfect sense! They are vented domes. When I put my fingers in my ears it does improve.

1 Like

I have your exact same aids. Custom molds help for sure. My right ear is by far the worst, and I ended by having that vent blocked. Bass in particular is much better. My left ear has good hearing and the vent there remains open. I’m a musician,. the sound is pretty darn good! Certainly miles better than if I play my guitar without my aids. And my loss isn’t terrible. Left ear is pretty good! I did have the Musician Program tweaked by the audi and it’s vastly improved now.