Signia 3AX vs. 5AX

I’m working with an audiologist. She likes the Signia hearing aids, and I’m currently trying the Signia 3AX hearing aids. I’m wondering if I should go with 5AX instead. Looking at the spec sheets, it sounds like the 5AX may do better in very noisy situations, but most of the time it might not sound any different than the 3AX. Does anyone have any experience of the difference between the two?

I’m willing to spend the additional money for the 5AX, but I don’t want to pay extra just for better specs that don’t add up to a better hearing experience.

Thanks!

For most people, the bottom of the line hearing aids will do ok most of the time. The thing that frustrates almost all of us are the tough situations where we can’t follow conversations, miss something being said, maybe at a party, restaurant, in a car or other vehicle, etc. In those situations, the higher end aids distinguish themselves. Or they are more likely to do so. Nothing is the same for everybody, etc. Buying higher levels of HA lets your HCP have more knobs to turn to better suit your hearing loss. Better able to help you in the tough situations. Only you can decide if the additional money is worth it. Maybe your HCP can tell you when/where/how things won’t be as nice with the cheaper one, to help you decide.

WH