Setting the Mic level of Phonak Compilot 2

I have asked Phonak if there were any options to deal with a very hot Mic level on the Compilot 2.

In the latest email they are telling me the Mic level can be adjusted. I’m sure my pro is unaware of this. Can someone tell me how to do this and I will pass it along?

Here is Phonak’s response:

Thank you for the update, Don. That makes sense. Your hearing care provider can attenuate the microphone pick up on the ComPilot. This is done in their programming software and will only affect the ComPilot microphone pickup.

When I first got my compilot 2 my Aud connected it to the computer and the software program… Somewhere in the program setup they could adjust the volume to get either a fixed volume or let me do the adjusting. And a whole host of other adjustments were made to my personal requirements… then saved.

If your compilot 2 hasn’t been connected to the program software while you have been in the room with all the adjustments being made, my guess is it’s not properly set up. And it’s only a guess…

This can be done from Phonak Target by adding the ComPilot as an accessory (It should detect it when plugged in), and going to the Device Options under the Fitting tab. From there click the ComPilot, and expand Advanced Settings - the option you’re looking for is “Own voice during phone call”, set the Volume offset to a lower setting. The lower the number, the more the mic is turned down.

1 Like

I do have own voice set low. What I want to change is the compilot 2 microphone for the outgoing side of the call.

I think the Phonak person may have misunderstood and thought I meant I wanted to turn down the hearing aid mics to reduce the environment sounds that I hear. I’m strictly talking about what my callers hear. It picks up a lot of background sounds and they ask me, for example, if I have a truck idling in my office (it’s A/C vent noise).

Wouldn’t this be adjusted in Fine Tuning?
Bluetooth call/ Detect+mic under “open program options”

IIRC that should be the mic attenuation level on the aids when it’s accepting streaming input from the compilot - a similar setting to the own voice, but for the mics in the aids rather than the compilot and it won’t affect what the caller would hear. I have that exact setting turned down on mine so I can dial down my noisy colleagues when I’m on a conference call in the office.

1 Like

I have exact same problem - Compilot 2 mic is setting is too sensitive on streaming phone calls thus too loud to other caller. Own Voice During call is NOT the fix. There is a Compilot mic attenuation setting my Pro cannot find as I had this adjusted/fixed once before a reset was made. Make0 or someone please post a screenshot/details of where to make this adjustment, it’s not the Own Voice During call. Thank you!

Fitting/Device options
Could this be the adjustment for the Compilot2?

1 Like

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but just wanted to know if the compilot II can be plugged directly into a pc to be configured or do I need icube or something similar, I only want to change the “own voice during phone call” option

Many thanks

Oh own voice part, doesn’t need your Aids to be connected as well. You only need to link your ComPilot.

1 Like

I have mine set to -12 dB and it’s still really sensitive. Slightest bit of wind, and it’s super loud.

1 Like

Thanks

I’ve received my compilot, plugged into my PC and set it up.
To turn off my own voice, do I just untick enable own voice, or do I leave it ticked and set to -12

The screenshot above shows mic attenuation (for remote control only) do I need to change this too when I get my icube, or is it enough just to to change the own voice during phone call on the compilot only

Thanks