Selling HAs on Ebay - How to Handle the FDA Requirements

I’m looking for new HAs and, when I find them, I’ll have quite a batch of old HAs in various states of functionality. I’m thinking of clearing them out by selling them on Ebay. However, what is the recommended way of complying with the FDA requirement that Ebay makes me post with my ad. Do you have buyers send some sort of form before you ship? If so, what does the form say? Or is there some other thing that you do?

• What does “review the content of the brochure with you” require from the seller?

• How much time is required to comply with “I am required to afford you time to read the brochure”? Or do you require that the seller sign something stating that you afforded them adequate time?

Here is what must be put into HA ads on Ebay:
According to the FDA, it is in your best health interest to obtain a professional medical evaluation before purchasing a hearing aid and you are encouraged to do so before bidding on this item. If you choose to not obtain a medical evaluation before purchasing this item, I am required by law to provide to you and obtain from you a signed written waiver of the medical evaluation, and I am required to provide to you a copy of the User Instruction Brochure for a hearing aid, review the contents of that brochure with you, and afford you time to read the brochure. You must provide to me either a signed statement from a physician or a signed waiver before I will deliver this item to you. Upon your request, I will also provide to you a copy of the User Instructional Brochure for the hearing aid or the name and address of the manufacturer or distributor from whom a User Instructional Brochure for the hearing aid can be obtained.

Most just post the " According to the FDA," stuff and then that’s it.

2 Likes

I have bought hearing aids on eBay more than once and never had to sign anything. I don’t even remember seeing the FDA statement anywhere in the listing. And as to being provided a copy of the brochure, it was never even mentioned.

1 Like

jUST BOUGHT MINE ON e bAY FROM VERY NICE GUY - DID not PAY ATTENTION TO fda GOBBLE GOOK! aNY OPINIONS ON kIRKLAND ks3 rite OR SUGGESTIONS TO GET “WIRELESS STREAMING?”

Press it! Hahahaha

caps_lock_key_stock_image-100509776-large

You sure about that? I have not heard of a KS3?

Sure it’s the Kirkland Signature 3? If so it’s an old hearing aid… Since then Costco had the KS4, KS5, KS6, KS7 and now KS8. In my opinion it would be worth it saving up for the KS8 but understand this may not be a suitable solution for some. But it would be… the difference between using a nokia flip phone and an IPhone X, they both do the job but one is a lot newer with a lot more advanced features!

You could connect the KS3’s to the ‘minitek’ accessory for wireless streaming, but you would need to setup both the hearing aids and accessory for that, I think

Not saying it’s impossible. But I’m pretty sure that no one here has ever heard about a Kirkland Signature 3 - KS3. Aside from being listed on EBay as a KS3 did it come with any other documentation that specified “Kirkland Signature 3” ?