Samsung TV and hearing aid bluetooth connection

I wear phonak naida paradise UP P30 hearing aids.
I’m thinking of buying a new TV soon. probably Samsung 65Q70D model. It has bluetooth connection.
Can I connect my hearing aids to the TV and hear what tv sounds?
Any experiences with new TV sets?

You can probably connect but will likely have notable lag time. A TV connector will likely provide a better experience.

3 Likes

Thanks and I hope I dont get the lag

We had a Samsung TV that had an adjustment for lag for tying different accessories to the tv. This was a few years ago, it did not have Bluetooth. It might be worth looking at the specs on it to see if it has this adjustment.

As mentioned the Phonak TV streamer would be plug and play and do it right.

1 Like

Thank you for the information. I didnt know of the lag adjustment.

1 Like

Best to see in store if you can find the adjustment menu.
Don’t trust Samsung help line, they are useless.

5 Likes

You might want to check to see if the Samsung TV has Auracast. That may be come more important if you get new hearing aids at some time.

2 Likes

It would be better to get an TV connector so the TV sound is automatically sent to your aids when you are in the room with the TV. If you have family members, wife you can have them adjust the TV volume. Connecting to TV with Bluetooth only might get lagging issues. Check to see if the TV has Auracast so you can connect it with future hearing aids.

1 Like

I bought a qn85d samsung tv and bluetooth connection works great. No lag time.
The tv has also a smultaneously connecting mode to both the tv speaker and my hearing aids.

2 Likes