Samsung S24 Ultra and Oticon More 1

I think you misunderstood my question. By BT device, I didn’t mean another “transmitting” BT device like another phone or tablet or PC. I mean whether you’ve tried another “receiving” BT device like another pair of BT headphones or earbuds or remote wireless portable speaker. If your Samsung has weak volume transmission to all the other receiving BT devices, then for sure it’s the phone. But if the other receiving BT devices sound loud enough the normal way, and only your More doesn’t sound loud enough, then it’s some kind of combination issue between the More and the phone.

2 Likes

Try to factory reset the phone. I had exactly same issue with S21 past year and complete reset fixed the low volume.

4 Likes

If the Samsung store is local it might be worth taking the phone in and asking the person there what you are asking us.
It might be something very simple or it might be a phone issue that they can deal with while you are there.
Good luck with this. Samsung makes great phones

3 Likes

Also Best Buy carries Samsung.

1 Like

Thank you, but I have a new Samsung phone already.

1 Like

They do make great phones. Store’s a few miles away so I’ll just stop by there. Thx!

3 Likes

I don’t have a Samsung store any where close, but I do have a Best Buy which has proven to by as good as a Samsung Store as for as helping with issues and information about my phone.

1 Like

:upside_down_face: I worked it both ways. I tried other devices using BT streaming to my HAs without the phone and they had no issues. Just making sure the HAs are working OK here. I also tried streaming from my phone to other BT devices like our Bose speaker and had the same volume issue. It is looking like I’ve isolated it to my phone.

4 Likes

Got it! May be worth a ride up there.

2 Likes

Yes, it seems fairly conclusive by now that it’s the phone then.

2 Likes

I have the Samsung S24+ but I use the Phonak P90-R HA. On the S24+ when you press the side volume buttons you get the individual volume slide bar, but if you touch the 3 dots at the top it opens all of the volume settings and you can use the slide bar for each one. I am able to slide the bars all the way up or down and it never shuts off.
Screenshot_20240627_173906_Audify Music Player
Screenshot_20240627_173920_Audify Music Player

Have you tried a factory reset? Back up EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING that didn’t come with the phone.

2 Likes

I have the same problem although my oticon more 1 cros aids sound great over the phone vbut my new starkey genesis top of the line while great in public sound low and tinny on the phone. using iphone 12. anyone else have this issue?

hearing professional created another program i have to switch to when i want to use the phone which is a pain the oticons are great with no switching.

1 Like

Irene - I have the same problem and am ready to conclude it’s a phone problem.

I have not done a factory reset - have you?

I will likely replace the phone. Did you replace yours? Problem solved?

I did not do a factory reset. I did replace my phone and the problem was solved. But I now have another issue that no one’s been able to fix. I just haven’t had a chance to explore it. My BT connections work flawlessly However, I am not able to hear my voice mails in my HAs. /They always go to the speaker no matter what my settings are, I’ve tried everything and don’t really want to get another new phone. I don’t think it’s the phone, I think it is either Oticon or Android, unfortunately. Go figure!

Let us know what happens with your phone!

1 Like

I question if the BT/LE audio/Android software are worked out with HA.

My Jabra Pro 20 with Samsung S24 Ultra has similar issue. If I start playing music through headphones (Pandora), then play a voice mail while leaving the music on, HA will switch to voice mail only. Stop the voice mail and music starts again on its own. Turn off music and now voice mail will not play on phone speaker or HA.

Oh, my! That’s definitely interesting. I’m not even sure to whom this should be addressed. I’ll do some noodling to see if I can’t figure it out. I was fine before. I don’t know what’s changed, besides the hone, of course. But I’m thinking it worked before. If I find out, I’ll post.

I don’t even stream music because of my hearing loss, so there’s no connection there. I think…