Samsung neo and phonak tv connector issues

Hi all I’m a newbie I have just purchased a new Samsung neo tv with a Samsung soundbar hw600 for the rest of the family both arc compatible . When watching normal terrestrial tv the phonak tv connector works very well. But when you go on smart tv the connector does work what so ever when the soundbar is on . On the soundbar there is only toslink (spdif)out. Can anyone help as I’m a little lost . I have tried an hdmi arc audio extractor which works for the phonak tv connector but the sound bar doesn’t work please can someone help

Unfortunately TVs and sound bars all work differently. However I have somewhat older Samsung ones and they work perfectly with the Phonak connector. If you have a toslink from the tv use that for the TV connector and a HDMI for the sound bar. Both the sound bar and the tv connector can adjust the sound volume independently. Hopefully that will work for you!

Thanks for the info but I’ve tried all this already I’ve even tried to use a hdmi arc audio extractor to no prevail and have successfully got the tv connector to work but then the soundbar doesn’t which I was gutted about