Samsung Android 12 update with Phonak aids?

I have the Samsung Note20 and Phonak Paradise P90-Rs and wanted to hear if anybody had issues upgrading their Samsung phone to Android 12.

If you have upgraded to Android 12, please post your Samsung phone and Phonak hearing aid models and share your experience.

Thanks!
Dan

1 Like

I have a Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G (SM-F711U1), and Phonak P-90-R hearing aids. Got the software update last night, and so far, everything is functioning normally. Also tested with bluetooth streaming and with the TV Connectior. No problems have been encountered with the phone, the app, or the hearing aids.

1 Like

Same hardware as ramarvin and no issues with android 12.

1 Like

I just upgraded and everything works great. Thanks everybody!

No problems. But if you do notice a problem uninstall the app and reinstall it. Galaxy 21 and phonak naida paradise

1 Like

Galaxy S21 ultra and Phonak P90R. No problems whatsoever.

2 Likes

I do not have a Samsung, but a Pixel 3 and since the update to Android I cannot hear my notification sound through my HAs. Phone calls and Music come through just fine.

Factory reset your phone.

Have just installed on Galaxy A72, no problems

Have Pixel 5 with Android 12, no issues with BT classic and the Phonak Paradise Paradise P90-R hearing aids.

Samsung A52 4G working perfect with Phonak Paradise 90RT.

Samsung S22 Ultra works as it should

Samsung S10e working fine with P90s

A new update to the My Phonak App for Android has been released - version 4.0.6.
Phonak says that it is fully compatible with Android 12, and has some other improvements and bug fixes.

That were actually already the release notes of version 4.0.5 which did introduce Android 12 support. Therefore unclear what version 4.0.6 does include, probabely “just” bug fixes.

Has anyone using Android 12 and rechargeable Phonaks noticed a change the Phonak battery life since upgrading Android?

I’ve been having significantly reduced battery life in one ear with my P90Rs, and after exchanging the aids with no change in behavior, I’m getting suspicious the problem may be some Bluetooth “feature” with either Android 12 or my new Pixel 6 Pro.

1 Like

I have been using Android 12 since it came out and P90R aids. I have not experienced any change in battery life.

no difference here. samsung android 12 and P90s

I don’t have Phonak aids, but do have Oticon OPN 1s and Resound One’s and neither will stream phone calls reliably any longer. Usually only one aid connects, if both happen to connect, with a few seconds one will drop. This only effects streaming phone calls directly from my Galaxy S20, my TV streamers works fine.

Seems like a lot of folks with Pixels are seeing this, myself included. VERY annoying!!!

1 Like