"s" sounds as "sh"

I currently use Widex Unique 440 Passion with Tv Dex, self programmed via USB Link and Compass. While listening tv, s quite often sounds as “sh”. Haven’t noticed this issue other than with tv. How can it be eliminated?

My guess is that it’s related to frequency lowering. Audiologist can turn it off or adjust it. It’s called sibilance and you might actually get used to it. I’ve had it for awhile when I strengthened my frequency lowering settings, but it always improved.

It has something to do with frequency extender. After reducing it, no more “sh”. I still have to solve issue re warning about “not enough amplification due to feedback supression”, something like that. I use original Widex round tips with one vent. Still, regardless of software update, Compass software shows offers only round tips with 2 vents. Could it be the reason?

I don’t know Widex software at all, but the feedback suppression message suggests the need for a more closed fitting. If the software is showing a 2 vented fitting, that could contribute to the problem. It should be possible to change the domes/mold fitting in the software.