Roger On In v2 - Is it sold in Canada?

I’d like to buy a Roger On In v2 but my audiologist and an independent vendor have told me that it is not available for sale in Canada. Is there a reason for this? I don’t want to go backwards and get a Roger On v2 and two X03 receivers attached to my Phonak Naida Paradise UP P90s. My Paradises have Roger Direct baked in so in so why can’t I buy the Roger On In v2 in Canada?

If you have a Paradise, you don’t need (and can’t use) external receivers attached to your aids. All you need is to transfer two digital licenses into your aids, one for each. A new Roger On In contains two licenses and can transfer them. That’s by far the easiest way to do that, but it’s not the only way.

In your situation, I’d recommend getting the On In v1 rather than the v2. As I understand it, the only upgrade in the v2 is allowing you to use the Roger mic rather than a laptop’s built-in mic when streaming Zoom calls to your aids through the Roger. But you can stream the audio to your aids either way, and the v2 still has to be plugged into the computer, so you can’t just clip it to your collar and walk around with it. I don’t think there’s any real advantage to getting it over the v1.

1 Like

If so you’re not alone as you cannot get them in Europe either. Phonak’s policy! They made their agreements with the healthservice over here in the Netherlands at least is what my provider says. I got the not In version from them and extra bought myself the In v2 on EBay to get the licenses to my spares also.

This is correct. I think it has to do with keeping them eligible for ADP somehow.

But just get the Roger On V2 and the audiologist will install the two receivers into your hearing aids for you. It’s basically the same, you just have to hold onto the two little Roger X blocks so that when you get your next set of hearing aids you can transfer them.

Edit to clarify: I think you think that you have to physically attach the roger x onto your hearing aids, making them bulkier. You do not.

1 Like

Great! That resolves one misunderstanding that I had with the X03 receivers: I thought they had to be attached to aid itself. I am aware that my Paradises have slots baked in for licenses. It’s kinda of crazy to have to spend $725 for each X03 receiver hardware just to get the licenses. Phonak should sell the license numbers ALONE without any hardware (I’m a 40+ year IT veteran and I know this is dead easy).

Thanks for your response! I wasn’t aware that one couldn’t buy the On In v2 in Europe also! I’m starting to wonder about the ethics of Phonak now. I don’t fully understand why they won’t release the On In v2 worldwide.

1 Like

Thank you! I get it now! And yes, I thought I had to attach the friggin’ X03s to my aids.
However, I’m annoyed that I have to pay for X03 hardware that I’m NOT going to use and I’m doubly annoyed that I have to pay full price for the X03s when my hearing aids already have the X03 hardware baked in. Phonak should give those of us who own Paradises, Lumities, etc, a discount for already having the hardware in our aids. Then I’d gladly pay some for the licenses.

1 Like

I’m confused. Why are you buying X03s? (Does Phonak even still sell them?) If the On iN v1 is available in Canada, just buy that. If you really have your heart set on the v2 over the v1 (why?), buy the On iN v2 from somewhere in the US and get it shipped. I don’t know what this stuff costs retails in Canada, but I don’t see how buying 2 X03s plus a Roger On v2 could possibly be the best option here.

I mean, you do get a discount for having Sonova hearing aids. You can use the 03 receivers rather than the 02 receivers. And if you’re in Ontario, you get $1350 off from ADP.

Or, yes, you can purchase an On In from the States. Your clinician doesn’t have access to that, but you’ll want let them know in case your devices ever go for repair so that the licenses aren’t wiped.