Roger ON iN license problems - the cat ate one of my Phonak P90's!

A tale of woe. I have a Roger ON iN, purchased January 2023. It was successfully paired and working with my pair of Phonak Paradise P90’s.

Then the cat chewed one of the P90’s. It did not survive. Little puncture marks all over and would no longer power on. New single P90 arrived. I want to pair it to the iN. I get the “X” display. The original survivor is still coupled. My hearing advisor shows me that my 2 aids have just one license installed.

I refer to the Roger iN microphone installation guide.. This allows me to install, show how many license are installed, and uninstall licenses. Everything I do allows me to interact with the license for the undamaged P90, but all attempts involving the new replacement fail.

My HA is unable to help, even after calling Phonak. Phonak’s advice - buy another license!

I live in Switzerland. By some quirk of marketing, the ON iN is not sold here, only the oN version that has a separate dongle. I purchased my iN from Germany, so support options are limited. For the many of us that are confused, I read that the “i” in iN means “integrated (licenses).” Phonak don’t make it easy!

The conclusion I reached is that the cat not only ate the P90, but also the license. Since it’s destroyed, I cannot recover the license.

Does anyone know how to “reset” this situation? It seems a nonsense that I have to buy another license in addition to a replacement P90!

1 Like

No way to reset the license, unless Phonak can prove that the license is in the damage Aid by any how and they agree to ‘give it back to you’! There’s no chance of that and by the looks, they aren’t willing to ‘help’!

If someone’s animal chewed their Aid that had to have a Roger X receiver attached instead of installed, they would also be expected to get a new Roger X receiver as well.

Buy a Roger X receiver off eBay with the appropriate serial number and ask the audiologist to install the license from the Roger X into the Aid with the Roger Installer. Much cheaper that way.

2 Likes

Thanks “Zebras”,
Unfortunately I think you are correct! I was just hoping against hope.
The “Phonak” that was contacted was the Phonak here in Switzerland. Ironically I can just about see the factory across the lake from our apartment. I’m going to try emailing the US Phonak support people to see if I can get a response. I’ve emailed with them before and they seem more helpful than Phonak Switzerland.
This is not helped by the the fact that Phonak appear not to market the iN in western Europe. I am guessing mine was a grey import by the German supplier. I’m not complaining, because the iN was what I wanted, but here I am!
I will update this post - thanks for your help!
Richard