Roger On In - failed firmware update, bricked device?

Just had a look - in the app, try Roger On settings. Should be a multi beam 2.0 and a range extender option.

I was wondering about this. My Roger On is mostly plugged into either my laptop or iPad for work. Both of which…have mics.

Perhaps superior mics then with some clever algorithms to optimise speech?

I guess you are special :grin: I just tried it with two different Roger On IN’s with updated software but couldn’t see that. We are talking about the myRogerMic app, right?

The 2.0 firmware can be used on the V1 Roger On, but it won’t make it a V2 according to the Sales Manager of Phonak Denmark Eastern Region. There is a hardware difference.

When USB-connected to a Windows PC, the V2 will appear in Sound Settings as a microphone. The V1 should not.
RogerOnV2_WindowsSoundSettings

… and the “headset” pictogram will be shown in the display.

1 Like

I see these options are shown in the myRogermic users guide. For some reason they are not available in my app. I have downloaded and reinstalled the app on both apple and android devices but the settings page is blank except for the option to rename the device for to forget the device. Is anybody else seeing the options to activate Range Extension and use Multibeam 2.0?

https://product-support.phonak.com/s/article/Roger-On-MultiBeam-2-0-Technology?language=en_US

This might help?

It only works with RogerDirect and only when placed on a table.

1 Like

Thanks @Zebras. I have Roger Direct in my L90’s but the options shown under settings in the users guide are not present in my myPhonakmic app (i.e. the settings page is mostly just a blank page). I have updated to the latest myPhonakmic app. Do you see these settings in your myPhonakic app?

The myRogerMic I am using is Version 1.0.3 which seems to be the latest available from the Play Store. Can someone confirm that this is the most current version. Thanks.

June 1st was latest update.

Check the reviews on the App to see if others are having issues.

This is super helpful and says to me there’s additional tech in the V2 units. I had a moment’s fantasy that Phonak sent me a V2 unit in return with I had my V1 serviced (funnily enough…they didn’t).

Be interesting to know what the V2 does better than a laptop/desktop/tablet built in mic. I can imagine that it will be superior to cheap(er) computing devices but many workplace computers are generally good enough.

@garethjwells Can you confirm the app version you are using and whether you are in the US. Thanks

Might be the issue. Latest version from US Playstore seems to be 5/02/23
Thanks

I’m on version 1.03 (iOS) and I’m in the U.K…

Thanks. I give up :frowning: I have tried both android and ios and in neither case does that functionally appear in the settings menu. The app is dated 5/2/23 but the Play Store description shows 6/01/23. I guess it is not really that important but it is a puzzle. Maybe someone in the US can confirm whether that functionally is present or not in their app. Thanks for the responses.

Is your phone up to date?

Sometimes Apps won’t update if phone is too old.

Like Apple won’t update the iOS on older phones. I assume Android is the same?

Everything up to date. It’s a continuing puzzle. I am hoping that someone in the US will report having or not having that functionally.

1 Like

I have the Phonak Roger On, live in Pennsylvania and running version 1.0.3 myRogerMic app.
When app is running and paired I go to Roger On settings page and have a right arrow beside the “Roger On Connected” which takes me to a page the states “Configure your device” and Toggle for “MultiBeam 2.0” and below that toggle for “Range Extender” and I can activate either or both.
Hope this helps…

1 Like

Very confusing. When I navigate to that page my only options are to change the name of the device and to forget the device. I have sent an inquiry to Phonak. Thanks for the response.

1 Like

@raylock1

Wonder if your On need a firmware update?

Software available to you from the Phonak website and all you need is a USB cable.

Name - Phonak Roger Upgrader