Roger On In - connection to two pairs of hearing aids?

Can a Roger On In device connect to 2 pairs of HAs? Suspecting not, but thought I’d ask.

My employer is open to supplying me with a Roger On In device (I use KS10s). Later this year I anticipate being upgraded to new(er) NHS hearing aids which will hopefully have the same functionality. It would be useful to have a seamless transition between them (I gather the install/uninstall of licenses is not difficult).

The licenses inside the On iN is only for 2 x Aids and not 2 x pairs of Aids.

The actual Microphone tho, can select to 100 sets of Aids I believe or is it 99?

To connect to more Aids, the other set of Aids needs to have the licenses installed or receivers attached to the Aids to work.

EDIT - you could install 1 x license into your private Aids and 1 x license into the NHS Aids.

I have two sets of Bluetooth Aids and only have a Roger license in both right Aids because my right ear is better than my left ear, that doesn’t really pick up much speech anyway.

Not as good as having one in both ears tho for other people tho.

Just thought tho, you could just transfer licenses back into the On and then back out to your NHS Aids if you need to change Aids but if your private Aids end up dead for whatever reason, that won’t be able to happen.

4 Likes

Roger On In can connect to 2 sets of aids, but not simultaneously, as long as the NHS aids are compatible, you would just remove the licenses from KS10’s, and install them into your NHS Phonaks… Slightly confusing, but it should be a fairly simple process, as @Zebras has clearly explained… I don’t have the “Roger On In”, I have the plain “Roger On” version, I have 3 sets of aids, each set has license’s installed in each aid, (I just find, I hear much better with 2 licenses installed) Naida P90 UP’s (type 02 receivers) Naida M70 SP’s again (type 02) and the Marvel 90 RIC’s are (type 03 receiver’s) I have the Roger Installer… I bought 5 Roger X receivers 2nd hand via eBay and 1 new, that took me about 2 years to find these on eBay, I wait until the price is right… I just wanted to have these available without swapping licenses about, sometimes you get a real bargain, and £56 was my best buy for a Roger X (type 02). If you buy a spare set of receivers, you must ensure the Roger X receivers has a serial number above 1744, as anything below that number are older technology, they will not work with Marvel, Paradise or indeed Lumity aids… Ask the seller before you buy! Cheers Kev :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks @kevels55 and @Zebras this is very helpful. I had a call with someone in HR who handles applications for adaptive devices and it was useful to know more than he did just to make sure I get what’s needed.

It looks like I’ll be allowed to hang onto my 5 year old Roger Pen (v1.1) which has a Roger neck loop so it could be a functional plan B although the battery in the pen is far from capacious now. Is replacing the battery feasible or affordable? I have a surprising affection for my (Red) Roger as it changed my experience of working life and was one of the first adaptive devices I’d found that didn’t draw attention to itself.

1 Like

Another wonderful piece of information on Roger X receivers.

1 Like

@garethjwells

Your Pen can be linked to the On to use both in Lanyard mode if you’re walking with two other people.

The Pen is rubbish on the table but still works well in Lanyard mode.

I’m glad you can keep hold of it.

1 Like