Roger On - faulty, I think

I Took my Roger On with me to our local quiz night last night. I’ve not really needed it since I’ve had my P90s, as I can now hear the majority of the qusstions, and my wife and I use pen and paper to discuss answers as whispering hasn’t worked for years.

It functioned ok, and for the first time, I clipped it to my wife’s blouse, and I used presenter mode for the first time. This did work well.

However, the RogerOn would randomly disconnect from the HAs, and scrolling through the presets it wasn’t there. I rebooted the hearing aids and it connected, but dropped the connection a few minutes later. It was never more than 2 meters from the hearing aids. I now suspect it’s faulty.

On a more positive note, when I got home, I connected my recently purchased Select, and put it on the lanyard, and my wife wore it. It really helped conversation, even though I disconnected the TV Connector. It stayed connected too.

Have I missed anything obvious with the RogerOn?

Peter

Did you check the myPhonak app on your phone? Sometimes I find that something has caused my L90’s to change programs from the Roger On to something else. If myPhonak shows that the aids have changed to another program (other than RogerDirect + mic) and I re-select that program on my phone the problem is solved. If your phone issues a strong Bluetooth signal, that may cause your hearing aids to change programs. Just an idea.

I did check it once, and the RogerDirect+mic wasn’t available. It was strange. I’ve just done a factory reset on the RogerOn. I’ll see if that works.

Peter

Have you tried the roger upgrader?
Just to see if it shows correctly or if there is any issue!

try turning the bluetooth off on your phone while using the ON .

2 Likes

Bluetooth may have priority so it may disconnect Roger.

It worked well tonight, but I tried to connect the select to it so I could hear my wife (as presenter), and the select for everyone else in the room. It didn’t work. I also lost the On. I had to factory reset it. It won’t connect to the MyRogerMic app. Work still to be done.

Peter