Roger 03 receivers: transferring to new aids

I gather that the Roger 03 receivers currently in my Marvels can be transferred to the Lumities that I hope to trial soon. The audiologist will do this, but can I do this myself if I need to? I am a self-programmer using Target 8, but wondered if the transfer happened via that software, or whether it is done using a different piece of hardware and/or software?

Many thanks.
Mike.

1 Like

Undoubtedly, you need a device(Roger Installer which costs 200 dollars) to transfer the license to Roger x and then the hearing aids.

Edit: The tutorial :

1 Like

Thanks @Corpore

So, I would need the round Roger installer AND the little plug-in Roger X ? If I understand correctly, I transfer the 03 receivers from my existing aids to the Roger X, and then from the Roger X to my new aids?

Is there no other way of doing this?

1 Like

Unfortunately, this is the only way.

2 Likes

Yeah @Mike59, @Corpore is 100% correct, I got my Roger Installer from eBay is South Korea, around £200, counting expedited air mail, still took about 10 days to arrive though, the longest part of the journey was clearing UK customs… The only other route is if you have Telecoil on your aids, you can buy a Phonak Roger Neck loop (Type 02 or 03) The 03 is about £160 new, and the 02 is around £300, cheaper if you sign the VAT waver, those neck loops are the cheapest “Roger” option…See links below. Good Luck, cheers Kev :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks @kevels55 … I do have telecoils in the aids, so that may be the better option. If I read that correctly, that will mean once my existing 03 Roger receivers are transferred to my new (trial) Lumity aids, I can then use the neck loop to transfer a new set of 03 receivers to my old Marvels (as a backup).

Also, saw this on the Phonak website … so I wonder if I can use my Roger Select iN to transfer the 03 receivers back and forth between Lumity and Marvels?

2 Likes

Hi Mike, you are most welcome… As it says in their blurb; “ * no need to have one receiver unit per hearing aid, unlike the Roger X - more affordable” so you don’t need Roger X receivers, the Roger NeckLoop has built in receivers, a plain Roger On will work with this Neckloop as long as you have Telecoil activated on your Marvels or indeed Lumity’s, I reiterate, the Neckloop is the receiver, there is no need to transfer licenses back and forth… There is no need to buy the more expensive Roger On In… The licensing is incorporated into the NeckLoop :smile: It is by some distance, the most affordable option, and this will work with any other hearing aid brands, that have Telecoil activated, so it isn’t restricted to Phonak aids alone, as long as you have Telecoil, this will work… Good Luck, cheers Kev :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks once more, Kev. Sorry to be a nuisance, but I don’t think I’m explaining very well. I don’t really want to wear a neck loop, and I already have the Roger Select iN. What I really want is a means of transferring my 03 receivers between my trial Lumities and my old Marvels. Looking at that Phonak screenshot, I just wondered if it was possible to use the Roger Select iN as a means of transferring. That’s how I read it, but I may be completely wrong! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yeah @Mike59, its not a problem… You can transfer the licenses back and forth, via the Roger On In, and vice versa… I should imagine, it will take about 5 minutes to do this, take the licenses out of the Marvels, back into the Roger On In, then transfer them into the Lumity’s, easy peasy :grin: it sounds complicated, it is in actual fact, a very easy process… In truth, I have 3 sets of aids, Naida P90 BTE UP’s, Naida M70 BTE SP’s, and Marvel 90 RIC’s, with 105db custom receivers, each have a set of Roger X receiver licenses, both Naida’s have Type 02, the Marvel RIC’s are Type 03, only 1 receiver was bought new, I didn’t make that mistake again, the rest where bought 2nd hand on eBay, my cheapest 02 was £56, and only 6 months old, according to the label on the box, if you buy an extra set of Roger X receivers on eBay, make sure their serial numbers are above 1744… I am sure your A.uD will have a Roger Installer to stick them into your backups, the problem is, if your Lumity aids are not working or they are kaput, how do you transfer the licenses back out, and into your backups, if you get my drift… Alternatively, if you buy a Roger Type 03 NeckLoop for £130 ish, you always have that backup, no need to buy other Roger X receivers, and no Roger Installer required, it will also work with your Roger On In… Cheers Kev :grin:

1 Like

@kevels55 Thanks so much for this, Kev. I get this now … I can use the Select iN I have to transfer licences back and forth, but as you say, the problem comes if the pair of aids (which at the time has the licences in them) gets lost or broken. So the Type 3 neck loop may well be a good backup option.

Your help, and the help of others on this thread too, is much appreciated. Thanks.

2 Likes

You are very welcome @Mike59… Thank you for the kind words, they are very much appreciated :grin: In my book, any savings we can make for fellow HOH is helpful… Those of us whom require Roger gear, I feel we are being fleeced twice, the price of top tier aids is exorbitant, and when you throw Roger ALD’s into the mix, it is an even bigger, and a more expensive commitment… Any savings on this front is a blessing. And Yes, what price do you put on better hearing, but not everyone can afford these ALD’s, and Sonova is priceing those in the most need, out of the equation… Shame on them! But, as always, there are ways to circumvent, and I like to circumvent :rofl: :upside_down_face: :joy: Good Luck in your quest for better hearing… Cheers Kev :wink:

4 Likes

@Mike59

3 Likes

Great stuff. Thanks, @Zebras :blush:

1 Like

Thanks @Kevels55 for your kind explanation!. We hope one day there will be an generic ALD device that could transmit sound to our HA’s and selling at low cost. NOOPL used to be one of them but had closed down. No support anymore from NOOPL. Offering at USD7 to 30 a piece ay eBay. As the NOOPL APPS is no more available in iPhone, I did not buy it.
The assisted hearing in the iPhone (Live Listen) or Oticon Companion Apps (remote micophone) is not very loud enough for me to fully understand what the person is talking about… I tried putting the iPhone near the TV with HA microphone mute, I can hear TV sound but a little soft.
Hopefully in the near future, generic ALD will be available soon.
Thanks

2 Likes