Riddle: what hearing aid models are present in the picture?

Context. Right now I’m doing a trial with BTE Power Plus from Starkey and then in the first weeks of January I’m planning on doing a trial with BTE Naida Lumity from Phonak.
To put it simple, I got a photo from the HAs setter/seller, which I will call Photo [Silver].
Once I got sent the Photo [Silver] below, they specifically pointed out that

• the HA from Starkey [above in the picture] is exactly the Power Plus model I have in trial right now and the HA below is Naida Lumity from Phonak.

That’s said, the setter also made specific claims about the HAs shown:
something like: look at “how much bigger” is the Phonak BTE compared to the BTE from Starkey.
I wear glasses so I guess they consider it a CONS from Phonak.
I don’t know if this claim is true. In onder to clarify this aspect I need to correctly identify the models shown.

Side note. Looking at photo [Silver] – specifically at the Starkey HA and comparing it with another photo about the actual BTE power Plus I have in trial [color: champagne] – it looks like to me that the “adjustable buttons” for volume/programs are different. In the Power Plus model they look more geometric shaped. So, it will be useful if someone else could confirm the Starkey shown in the Photo [Silver] it’s another model.

2)) therefore I have another question based on this photo [Silver]. Ok, it’s all about a trial-model for the Lumity series. So, I was wondering if – looking at the photo [Silver] – could be confirmed it’s a Lumity BTE or the Paradise BTE. So, “the riddle” is: has been made any physical change between the series? Is this something I can confirm from the photo [Silver]?

It’s a tiny little riddle that has no effective relevance. I came up with these questions – just to verify if (by message) the seller/fitter is accurate or not or trying to make one HA look better than the other.

I clarify I will get the exact answer – by Option 1) responding by message with a direct question or Option 2) wait and go in there by person next week.

SO, IT’S ABOUT THE FOLLOWING PHOTOS

1)) THIS IS PHOTO [SILVER]

2)) I UPLOAD AS WELL SOME PHOTO [PICTURING STARKEY POWER PLUS BTE AT TRIAL]
AT FISTI I TRIED TO RECREATE THE DISTANCE AND FRAMING OF THE OTHER PHOTO

ALSO, I UPLOAD A CLOSE UP PHOTO

@buiononsense

See below:

3 Likes

Phonak Naida P UP 675 (Paradise) are exactly the same size than Naida L UP 675 (Lumity). And look identical.

2 Likes

I just have two older Starkey 3-Series from 2015 and can compare this with Phonak Naida Marvel SP
Here are two photos

The Naida Marvel SP with battery 13 is bigger than the Starkey PP (Power Plus) wih battery 13.

But the newer Phonaks Naida P UP , and the Naida L UP have 675 battery and are slightly larger than the Naida M SP

The newer Starkey Evolv PP should be about the same size as the older Starkey PP on my picture.

It could be that your seller did not have an Starkey Evolv PP on hand and took a photo with the older Starkey modell as comparison, therefore the buttons are different

2 Likes

I think this is between Naida Paradise and Naida Marvel, not sure how big is the difference.

1 Like

Thanks, then – exclusively based on the assumption that:

• the first part of the tube, the “hook” part that keep it in place, is “standard”,

I tried to match the photo with the actual HA I have at trial. Specifically I took as a reference for the zoom the screw-hook part, and then I took some photos. I put the screen flat upside down so that it would be more accurate…

This was an attempt at seeing the differences, and it’s valid only if the premises are also valid.

Here are my results [I have a yellow-ish filter on my pc]:

@buiononsense
Not sure I am following you and I am not sure what do you want to achieve.
Does it matter if there are few millimeters in difference between hearing aids?
Are you not concerned by hearing sounds rather than size?
For your question above, perhaps @kevels55 @firenzel can give you a better point of view.

Scusa ma non capisco

2 Likes

@Baltazard… Nadia Marvels where a 13 battery, and only SP, I have set of 70’s, issued by the NHS, Naida Marvel UP’s where never released on that platform, well not to my knowledge… Naida Paradise & Lumity UP’s 675’s, are the exact same size,14% smaller than Naida Ventures, allegedly? Cheers Kev :wink:

4 Likes

That was just to get a visual reference. By far, these replies helped to get clearer ideas:

1)) quite probably the Starkey HA in the photo [Silver] is not the exact one I have at trial right now
2)) between Paradise series and Lumity series there are not massive differences in size [very much the same]
3)) just to have a vague idea for a visual comparison between Starkey PP and Lumity I run a little experiment, based on the premises described.

This thread is not about the size. Once I will have the Phonak up for trial I will see how they sit with glasses and that’s all. Then I will do my regular trial between ordinary study days and little experiments with crowded places and stuff.

The size specifically is the only visual element I can use from the photo to have a clearer idea as to why this seller/fitter sent me with massive urgency [during holidays] this photo, pointing out as a super negative cons that based on Photo[Silver] Phonak HAs are going to be way bigger.

Overall, it’s clear that this fitter/seller doesn’t like Phonak. I insisted to get a trial – because I want to evaluate other option outside of Starkey as well. And since then – I got told not-so-exact things like :
1)) Lumity is not avaibale in Europe yet (and I email customer service to get any confirmations - in fact it’s avaiable for trial);
2)) also I got told over and over that:
A)) Lumity BTE is probably not enough strong on higher frequencies (and based on the matrix), especially not equal to Starkey BTE [I don’t have the technical knowledge to evaluate this claim]
B)) frequencies shifting technologies in Phonak are embeded, not adjustable then or you like it or else [this last claim is not true to my understanding]
Then yesterday I got this photo and message, and I was not really sure what that meant, like size have never been an issue to me, as far as I get a good speech understanding and I honestly was a bit in disbelief :confused:

1 Like

I have had the Phonak Naida Lumity 90 UP BTE for over a month now, I live in the UK… I think your provider is giving you a heavy dose of BS, I would perhaps seek out another provider, whom isn’t as liberal with the truth… Cheers Kev :wink:

1 Like

I agree with @kevels55 here.

My audiologist (UK too) doesn’t like Phonak (although he worked for them for a number of years), and generally sells Starkey. I insisted on Paradise Audeo P90 T13, as I prefer batteries, and have a number of expensive Phonak Roger accessories. I could buy the HAs a lot cheaper than him, so that’s what he suggested, I paid quite a markup for the programming and slimtip moulds, but the overall price was fine for us both. Maybe Phonak just quote your audiologist too high a price?

One thing my audiologist said though, was that Phonak’s feedback management just wouldn’t let him give me the gain I needed in some frequencies, whereas Starkey’s software would. He managed an excellent fit after 90 minutes, and as a result, I rarely take the Roger devices with me.

Peter

2 Likes