Rexton vs. Resound vs. Phonak

Just wondering if anyone has any experience going between either of these three brands in terms of BTE connectivity. I just very recently got a Phonak with a Compilot accessory and it seems to work okay but I’m not a huge fan of the lack of user-end software support (i.e. there’s no phone app for direct control). Also, the neckloop isn’t my favorite thing. Ideally I’d like to be able to keep the unit in a shirt pocket while on the move and be able to use it to stream audio while at home on my desk, without having to wear anything around my neck (except as necessary to secure the unit within a reasonable range). As far as I can tell the Compilot transmits directly to the hearing airs via the neckloop itself so the loop actually has to be in very close proximity to my ears and that really limits the convenience of the device.

The other two brands I see without neckloops are Rexton and Resound. The Costco rep was telling me she was having problems with the signal cutting out between the MiniBLU unit and the hearing aids; I don’t know if this is a common problem or if she was just using a bad unit? Has anyone tried the Resound one (Phone Clip) and can offer any feedback on the signal quality? I’m less concerned about Bluetooth connectivity between the phone and transmitter and more so between the transmitter and earpieces. I would most likely be using the unit hardwired via 3.5mm cable moreso than Bluetooth.

The ReSound Phone Clip + works well with my Costco Kirkland 5.0 aids, which are rebranded Verso 9s. The Phone Clip + does not have any input jack. For that I believe you would need the mini-mic, which I have no experience with.

she is probably afraid of the Connexx software. I could have damn near have any hearing aids I want and I wear the Siemens pure carat w/hp receivers and molds (required for hd receivers) When home I use the miniTek to watch tv, with laptop and with kindle fire to watch movies, youtube, etc… while the wife watches all the commercials on tv. use it in the car with my cell. when home the miniTek generally lives on the arm of the couch plugged in. otherwise it’s in a shirt pocket or clipped placket of a polo type shirt.

I had the same problem with the MiniBlu cutting out. I didn’t have any problem with Bluetooth connectivity between my iPhone and the MiniBlu; that was rock solid. But if I’d turn my head to the left the right hearing aid would drop, and vice versa. I also wasn’t thrilled with the sound for music, although that probably could have been corrected by tweaking the settings in that program or with closed domes. I ended up returning the MiniBlu, as I didn’t think it was worth $275. Solve the cutting out, and get something less cumbersome than the neck loop, and I’d be happy.

I take it that means you have good signal quality?

Looks like people are having the same issues with the MiniBlu. Has anyone confirmed if the Resound unit has better signal strength?

By the way, does the Mini Microphone work independent of the Phone Clip? I imagine the signal strength needs to be considerably stronger if it’s being broadcast from someone else so that might be a solution if so.

The Mini Mic does not require the Phone Clip+. The Mic has a range of 7 meters (22 feet).

Would I be wrong in thinking that it would make a good high-power alternative for audio streaming for when the Phone Clip signal is too weak? Connect the Mini-Mic to my phone via 3.5mm audio cable, keep both in my pocket, not even bother with bringing the Phone Clip out of the house with me unless I need it?

I have used both the Seimens and Phonak bluetooth remotes. The Phonak with the neck look has much greater range and rarely drops out. I believe it is the neck look that provides the reliability.

I would like to see the hearing aid companies mimick the new bluetooth ear buds / head phones that have a horseshoe shaped “loop” that just lays around your neck and shoulder. The control pods are on each end of the horseshoe. Much less obtrusive than the neck loop with the control box hanging down the front of your chest. (The Phonak even has blinking red, blue, and green lights that draw attention to it!)

Jeff

If your phone has Bluetooth, I would suggest using it with the Phone Clip+ instead of cabling it to the Mini Mic. The PC+ has a range of 3 meters (9 feet) for the hearing aid connection, and 10 meters (32 feet) for the Bluetooth connection.