Rexton Trax 42 - Rebooting on their own

I’ve had Trax 42 since 2015. They worked really well until Android updated to a new version, then I started getting random Bluetooth disconnections, which is very annoying. I more or less solved that with an app that automatically reconnects the Bluetooth periodically.

But the really big problem now is that, out of nowhere, my aids will restart. It’s just as if the battery door was opened and then closed. It plays the little tune and then probably things will be OK, but sometimes it may go through the reboot 2 or 3 times in succession before it quits.

It’s usually the right ear, but it has also happened to the left.
It seems to happen less often with my phone’s Bluetooth turned off, but it can still happen then.
It also happens less often with my SmartConnect turned off… but it can still happen then too.

Normally I have BT and Smartconnect on. It’s not unusual for the reboot to occur concurrent with me doing something on my phone, such as opening an email.

I’m stumped. The tech at Costco is stumped as well. Is this happening to anyone else?

I’d have Costco send them back to the factory while they’re still under warranty.

I am having the same problem. Happens when I start an app, or just sitting at my desk they will reboot several times.

1 Like

I’m going to follow MDB’s advice and send them back to Rexton.

It’s almost 3 years later and this problem still persists. My right hearing aid reboots pretty consistently when I have Bluetooth turned on with my Smart Connect. No one at Costco seems to know why. My warranty has expired.

I had Trax42s and replaced them with KS9s a little more than a year ago even though the Trax were working fine. Just not having to wear the Smart Connect necklace makes the KS9s vastly superior IMO. In your shoes I’d replace the Trax rather than pay for out of warranty repair.

1 Like

Thank you for the tip. I’ll check it out.

I sent mine back to Rexton for repair over a year ago. It came back working fine, but now it’s doing the same thing as before- right hearing aid rebooting when bluetooth is on. Usually it’s just once, but sometimes 2 or 3 times in succession. I’ve been waiting for the KS10s to come out, but my patience is wearing thin.