Rexton Quintra

Your Costco fitter can show you the list of programs. The (T) program only accepts input from the T-coil; the hearing aid microphones are muted. (mT) combines the input from the T-coil and the mic, but attenuates the mic by -6 dB. (MT) combines inputs with no mic attenuation.

I’m also interested in this information. My audi gave me a’restaurant’program, but he had to program it himself … deciding what to do with each channel, whether to turn on the directional mic, what volume and so on … to some extent, relying on me to tell him what it needed.

I would have assumed the software came with these programs, and the audi might just have to tweak then a bit…?

It wasn’t necessary for your fitter to create a custom restaurant program. He could have simply assigned you the Noise/Party program. It gives you maximum noise reduction and sets the microphone mode to adaptive directional.

How do I get my hearing numbers in a signature at the bottom of my posts?

Thanks.

I may need to visit another Costco/audi. That would be a pity, because I like the guy I’ve been working with :frowning:

Click on settings" (top right hand corner)

Click on “edit signature” (in the menus along the left of your screen)

Thank you. I will try it later.

I posted this on another thread but I would like a wider distribution of my observations.

Another day brings new revelations with the Rexton HA.

Scenario: HA on, MiniBlu on paired with iPhone - All by itself MiniBlu goes into BT Streaming mode (BT light on) with 4 beeps (P4) and I hear clicking for every key I press on my iPhone in a Note app.

I push the BT Streaming button to get out of BT streaming and the clicking stops.

Later, the MiniBlu goes back into BT streaming (4 beeps) by itself and the sequence starts again. Sometimes after a while, the MiniBlu goes back to the Auto program (P1) by itself.

If I turn off pairing between iPhone and MiniBlu or I turn off the iPhone, none of the above happens.

My conclusion is that having the iPhone paired up for BT Phone calls, and using it in close proximity to the MiniBlu, causes signals from the iPhone to mislead the MiniBlu to go into BT Streaming mode. I don’t know why a key press in an app on the iPhone causes a clicking sound to be transmitted to my HA in the BT Streaming mode.

Has anybody else seen this scenario and better yet who do I talk to get information on this? other than my Costco fitter who has absolutely no electronic expertise.

I need to have the MiniBlu not enter BT streaming on its own, only when manually selected and that might solve the problem.

I just picked up the Quintra (I only use 1) at Costco a fewdays ago. It replaced my 6 year old Siemens. Please be aware of the HearX/Humanarip-off. I’m sure a lot of people aredrawn to this offer. According to myplan (Medicare Advantage), they give a $500 discount per aid. Well, I went to HearX for an exam and I endedup ordering an entry level Siemens Pure 3, using the $500 discount. For the heck of it, when I returned home I calledanother local Siemens dealer and the price they quoted, WITHOUT the insurancediscount was over $100 LESS than HearX. I cancelled the order and planned to go to the other dealer. I was in Costco the next day and saw theRexton (a Siemens company), which apparently is a better model than the Siemensfor over $700 less. I liked theaudiologist and the aid seems good. I’mhaving 1 problem though: Every so often,I get a load chirp immediately after a beeping sound such as my microwave signalingit’s ready, key presses on my phone, back up beeps from the car, etc. It doesn’t always happen. I tried lowering the volume but it reallydoesn’t help. Any suggestions that I cantell my audiologist during my first follow-up next week?
Thanks,
Barry

The chirp could be feedback. Are you using an open dome? You can ask your Costco fitter to run the feedback test (critical gain measurement) if it hasn’t been done already.

Thanks. I’ll ask. I have a click dome. I guess it’s open. Looks like a dome I’ve always used with my old Siemens.

I saw my hearing aid fitter today at my Costco and by coincidence, the Rexton company expert happened to be visiting my Costco today.

I showed him the problem with the MiniBlu entering BT Streaming Program 4 on its own when I power up my iPhone 6 plus and exiting BT Streaming Program 4 when I turn the iPhone off. I also showed him how all key presses on the iPhone are sent to the hearing aid as clicks while in the BT Streaming program.

The Rexton expert said he had never seen that improper behavior before and he called another expert back at the Rexton office. That person was very intrigued by the behavior of my MiniBlu and he requested that my MiniBlu be sent to him for analysis.

I will be getting another MiniBlu in the meantime and I will be interested in seeing how it behaves.

The silence is deafening!!! (even for us hearing aid wearers)

bullshit…

Hey Jakey.

Could I borrow your copy of How to Win Friends and Influence People?

I put the rodent on my Ignore list. I am sure whatever he said, based on your reaction, was garbage.
I will be getting my new MiniBlu today I hope and would like to see if I can duplicate the behavior with the iPhone 6+.

I finally received a replacement MiniBlu and it works the same way as the one I sent for analysis to Rexton. My fitter called to see if the analysis was completed but it was not yet completed.

Now I am curious if other people with Rexton hearing aids using the MiniBlu and a paired iPhone 6 plus have seen this problem. Please let me know if you have.

i know being the expert you are you tried a different phone or have called apple

For all of you who have followed my iPhone 6 plus and MiniBlu sound saga, please see my new thread in the Rexton section of the forum.