Rexton Hearing aid not connecting to TV (via BT)

Hi. I’m posting on behalf of my wife who has 1 yo Costco-purchased Rexton MortionCore (R-LI) hearing aids. The literature makes good mention that this device is also Bluetooth compatible.

She is having a real problem in connecting to our TV via aftermarket Bluetooth transmitter (V4.0).

The folks at Costco could not help with this issue, so I am coming here to find out how it can be made possible to connect this hearing aid to our TV.

There is mention in the literature for a Rexton accessory that is a BT transmitter, but it is both expensive and lately not available.

So, has anyone here had experience with this Rexton as it relates to Bluetooth connection – Must only a Rexton BT transmitter be used with Rexton products OR can most any latest aftermarket BT units work?

We have no problems hooking up other external speakers or headphones to any of our aftermarket BT transmitters.

So these seem to be based on the Signia Xperience, so no ASHA for android, only MFi direct streaming, as for tv looks like only the Smart mic or Smart transmitter 2.4 (same as Signia StreamLine TV) so not just any standard bluetooth dongle is going to work, best bet would be to keep a look out on eBay to see if a cheap one comes up, a quick look at the moment shows prices around $200, a bit overpriced for what it does.

The hearing aids don’t have true Bluetooth. Only MFi or Low Energy Bluetooth so can only connect to iPad or iPhone.