Rexton Charging Problem

Hey everyone,
I was hoping that someone here could help me, as I cannot find any information on my problem in the book I have or online. I have a pair of Rexton aids from Costco (they are about 3-4 years old, but I don’t have the specific model info as I am at work). I’ve never had an ounce of problem from these things until this week.

My hearing aids had been sitting dead for about 2 months and, with my return to work, I needed to use them today. I hooked up my Connexx charging station and the green lights came on, as usual. However, when I place the hearing aids in the cradle/slot, the indicator light starts flashing orange (both sides, and a single light on each). I thought maybe there were just really dead so left them for an hour and nothing had changed. I then tried wiping my devices with a cloth and using compressed air on the cradle, with the same result. I have tried switching cords and power “box” to hook to the outlet and still run into the same issue.

At this point, I am guessing that there is an issue with my hearing aids, as it seems that the batteries are not responding. Is there something else I can try or any advice someone might have? I honestly cannot afford new hearing aids right now, so if they are shot, I’ll have to live without, but I am surprised as they have been in their case, kept dry, away from freezing, no drops etc.

Any ideas are appreciated at this point!

Thanks

1 Like

Not sure if those use conductive charging or contact. If contact you will see little brass or metal tabs on both the aids and the charger wells. If contact type, clean the contacts on both the aids and charger and see if that helps. Sometimes it even takes something slightly abrasive to clean them since oxidization builds up on them.

1 Like

Well if it turns out the batteries are shot, go to Costco and at least find out with they will charge to replace the batteries.

I would let Costco’s hearing center know that your finances are good right now, and see if there is some financial help out there you might qualify to receive.

They are contact charging. As for the charging station my Rexton charger takes several days to charge and change the light from flashing red to green. The aids are charging even if the station light is red.