Rexton Charger

I have a question about the Rexton charger that came with my Kirkland Signature 4.0 HAs. Does it charge for six hours regardless of the state of charge of the rechargeable batteries you put in it?

I ask, because yesterday morning I took the HAs out of the charger after charging all night, and the LED indicators indicated the batteries were fully charged. Because I had a set of barely used size 13 NON-rechargeable batteries that Costco had put in when I picked up the HAs earlier this week, I wanted to put that pair in to use them up, so I did, and I put the freshly charged rechargeables into the little 2 battery holder that came with the HAs.

This morning I put the rechargeables back in the HAs and dropped them in the charger about 4 hours ago just to make sure they were topped off. The two outside green LEDs started blinking, indicating it was charging the batteries. Now four hours later, the two LEDs are still blinking green, indicating that they are STILL charging. It’s only supposed to take six hours to charge them when they are completely discharged, and this pair was almost or maybe fully charged.

I would have thought it wouldn’t take much time to top off the charge on a set that had been fully charged a day before and not used.

you are not suppose to ‘top off’ rechargeable batteries… once charged you should wear them for the day and then let them recharge over night. If you put them in during the day, like I did when I showered, etc. you are screwing them up (they say I did it for a year so…). Now that I have read the instructions that came with my Pure’s I only put them in the charger overnight. With my size 13 batteries I have never run out of juice during a long day (17-18hrs)

My mom wears that brand of aid, and I know it uses PowerOne rechargeable batteries. When I wore GN ReSound Pulse aids with a recharger, the lights would only stay on until the battery was charged, not the full 5 hours or so. Same when I used a PowerOne recharger.

Yes, that’s the behavior I would expect. Thanks for actually answering my question.

michaeln,

I have the exact same aids and charger and mine do the same thing when charging the batteries, i.e. always goes thru a 6-8 cycle regardless of the state of the batteries. I think it has something to do with the fact that the Rexton charger is a charger and a dryer. I would assume that the drying cycle and charging cycle start from the beginning whenever you close the top lid.

Thanks, that’s what I think too.

that’s why Siemens says not to top of batteries as they are good for X number of charge cycles. but, from my experience and some reading they are good for about a year then they won’t stay charged as long per cycle.

Good for about a year has been the case for my Mom and me.

My father use rexton hearing aids and he found it well. I would recommend others too to use Rexton hearing aids device to make better their hearing ability.