Rexton BiCore startup sound

I got the Costco Rexton BiCore hearing aids a few weeks ago. They seem to be doing ok so far. I’m not having as much trouble understanding words but it’s better than old ones. I’m not sure if tech can do anything. Maybe I need more time.
When I put my left hearing aid in first I hear faint music, that is not the case when I put my right hearing aid in first. Is something wrong? Anything I can change or do they have to? They’re both charged at 100%. Thanks

I’m guessing the “faint music” is the start up chimes? It’s possible the right hearing aid has a blocked wax filter. I’d drop by Costco and have them take a look. (I’m assuming since you’ve only had them a few weeks that you don’t have spare wax filters and know how to change them)

1 Like

They probably don’t have the audible indicators set so that both hearing aids have the same setting. So it should be an easy fix if that’s how you want the aid set up.

I turned the start-up medley off in my Philips hearing aids as it played too long.

2 Likes

This is helpful news! My Jabras play 10 chimes when they start up, and I do not like to hear those IN my ear! Maybe they can be siilenced!

They are easily adjusted in SmartFit, they can also change to 5 instead of 10, which I agree is annoying especially if it to loud to begin with.

Is Smart Fit a prof program used by my technician?

Yes, you will need your HCP, unless you self program, to turn off the melody at start-up.

1 Like