Rexton aid was recommended by Costco HIS

I have asked a couple of questions over the years that I have been lurking here but I am usually just here to read and learn from everyone. I have had Liberty HAs for several years now and I stuck with them due to my HIS. Well I lost them so I decided to try Costco based on many factors and opinions shared here.

I had my hearing test appointment today and the HIS ended up recommending the Rexton aid based on my high frequency loss. When I asked why he chose that one over others in their offering he stated that he felt that would work best for my loss. If I had also had a low frequency loss then he would have recommended the Jabra.

I just found this interesting. The Rexton he showed me is a lot thinner than what I have been using as well as being rechargeable. He made it sound like they are all going to rechargeable? In any case…I will try to get a copy of my audiogram to upload here on my next appointment(if I remember). I have mild/moderate loss until I get to high frequency then it dives way down.

I am hopeful that with the right guidance and product I can get to hear my wife more often on the first attempts as well as get clarity from the tv!

I posted today in hopes that those who have this aid will come on here and reassure me that it is the best thing since hearing aids were invented and that my hearing will be like it was before I ruined it! :wink:

The Rextons are fine hearing aids. They should help you understand your wife. They should help with the TV, but the TV will be easier to understand if you get the accessory that streams the TV sound directly to your hearing aids. These will not restore you to “normal” hearing though. You’l also likely be hearing sounds you haven’t heard in awhile so things could sound strange or even be uncomfortably loud. Give it some time. Keep us posted how it goes.

5 Likes