Rexton AI Assistant

I recently switched from Phonak to Rexton due to fitting issues. I just want to say how well the Rexton AI Assist has worked for me. The Phonak’s I had were higher tech level, but returning over and over to the fitter was not fun. After going DIY and programming these Rexton with the auto fit in Connexx software the hearing aids still were not up to my expectations, so I decided to tweek them using the AI assist on the phone App. The difference is amazing. Your mileage may vary. But if you have Rextons the AI Assist might make your hearing experience better.

1 Like

I have Rextons. Please tell me more about how the AI Assistant has helped you.

1 Like

Once you make changes they are recorded on the hearing aids as corrections. You can see it in the Connexx software. However, the changes will be temporary if you shut off the hearing aids. I assume this is the case because you can instantly remove bothersome background noise as the AI assist samples the sound coming in and blocks it and it may be an environment change, so it is not permanent. But it is so easy to make adjustments with assistance that you can correct hearing issues in a few seconds that a fitter just can’t.

1 Like

As already mentioned it is possible to see in Connexx exactly what was changed. It’s nothing magical, but it’s useful for learning when you DIY.
It’s not “AI” in the vein of CharGPT, it’s just static proxy for programming, with a simple dialogue interface.
It’s also possible to see what exactly it is doing and all possible variables via hidden debug menu in the app.
It can pretty much access 80% stuff that you can access via Connexx. Which is way more than competition allows.
It can be quite powerful when you know what you’re doing.

Also, it can be enabled or disabled by the fitter.