Review : Philips HearLink 2040 with Bellman & Symfon Neck Loop

Discovered the library at the university where I work that they have neck loops that can be checked out. Plugged the Bellman & Symfon High Powered Neck Loop into both my iPad and my MacBook Air. This requires that your hearing aids have T-coil support. The audiologist had to turn it on with my Philips HearLink 2040 aids.

It’s not audiophile quality, but quite good. I’m listening to music now…very good sound. Definitely a reasonable option at $80 instead of the $250 Philips AudioLink. I’ve seen some reviews that the breakaway loop may eventually go bad. I’ve got the AudioLink on order. I’m going to try both and decide what to get. I can use the audio loop at church and plug it into the assistive hearing amplifiers that they have.

1 Like

Picked up the AudioLink this afternoon. Audio quality with AudioLink is just as good as the native streaming to my iPhone. The neck loop is particularly deficient in bass response, but the clarity is totally fine. If you don’t mind the loss of bass response and having a wire, the loop at $80 is a good deal.

1 Like