Resound Tv Streamer 2 question

I’m new to this forum but have been wearing HA’s for more than a decade. I recently upgraded to Resound Omnia and so far I am very pleased with them. This time around I opted for the TV streamer. Initial setup was seamless however the sound coming through the HA’s when I select the streamer in the app is way to loud. At first I didn’t know if it was because I was also hearing what my wife was hearing so I had her mute the speakers and it was still loud. I lowered my device volume to 1 and it was still unbearable to me. My question is can my audiologist make adjustments to the streamer program when I see him next or is it up to me to fiddle with the app settings as the buttons on the streamer. Thanks in advance.

Marc

1 Like

Have you tried pressing the minus button a few times on the tv streamer itself?

Also in the app make sure you are adjusting the streamer volume (orange) and not the aid volume.

2 Likes

Thanks so much!! I have tried adjusting the streamer volume (orange). This evening I will try teh button on the streamer itself.

Good luck !

If that doesn’t work then you probably do need the program settings adjusted by your audiologist.

1 Like

I have a Vizio TV and the streamer is connected to the analog out port on the TV. The volume level of the port can be fixed or variable. I have mine set to fixed, but with variable I could adjust the volume level of the sound from the analog out port.

1 Like

I have the TV Streamer 2 plugged into a Toslink-powered splitter via the optical cable connection. The other optical output connector from the splitter runs to a Yamaha amplifier with a 6:1 speaker system. The output volume has been fine for me both with ReSound Quattros and now ReSound Omnias. I listen both through streaming to my HA’s and the room speaker sound input through my external mics and adjust the relative sound balance in the Smart 3D app.

There are plus and minus buttons on the top of the streamer that adjust the volume independent of the hearing aids or app volume. And yes, the streaming program volume can be adjusted in SmartFit as well as other sound adjustments, like adding more bass. To enjoy streaming, custom domes are necessary imho.

I agree. If I had custom domes the impact of the external speakers would be limited. Unfortunately I have never been able to get customs that we’re comfortable and didn’t hurt my ears.

1 Like