Resound TV Streamer 2 optical connection to Samsung Frame TV

The Resound TV Streamer 2 I just installed connected to my Samsung Frame TV keeps dropping the connection after 5 seconds or so. (I installed new batteries in my Resound hearing aids just to be sure it wasn’t a power problem.) This TV does not have Audio Out sockets, only an Optical Out terminal. I connected to my older Samsung TV in my den using the Audio Out sockets and it works there. Any ideas on how to successfully connect using the Optical Out cable?

Maybe set Digital Output Management to PCM?

2 Likes

I have my Resound Linux 3D hearing aids connected to an LG CX OLED TV using the optical out from the TV with no problem, the hearing aids were previously connected to a Samsung 4K TV thru the optical connections, I just followed the TV streamer 2 instructions.

Thank you so much for this PCM suggestion!
My issue was a little different than the OPs. My husband’s TV Streamer 2 & Resound hearing aids worked fine with our new Samsung Projector & Sonos Beam 2 speaker when watching DirecTV. As soon as I went into a streaming app (Apple TV+, Disney+, etc.) via the projector or via an Amazon Fire TV Cube the HAs would be connected for only a few seconds then disconnect. Drove me nuts for 2 months. I’ve been searching the web every day for any suggestions or resolutions and found very little. I even reset the TV Streamer. So, I went into the projector settings and my only choice was PCM but I guess that I still needed to “select” it. To my surprise, it worked! What a relief! Much appreciated!

1 Like