Resound TV Streamer 2 and TV Streamer+

Hope everyone is having a great day. I have been using my Resound Nexia for about 2+ weeks and really like them. I was given the new TV Streamer+ and I have the legacy Streamer 2. I use one at work on my PC and the other at home on my TV. Is there a consensus on which is better? Currently the Streamer 2 is on the TV and the (+) is on the computer but don’t know if it should be the other way around or if it even makes a difference. Any insight would be great. Thanks in advance.

Marc

1 Like

The major difference is that the Plus model allows others to use your tv streamer if they have headphones or hearing aids with Auracast capability. You will have to decide which device, tv or computer, you want that to have.

Note, if the headphones don’t have Auracast capability, then you will need an Auracast receiver to connect to the headphones. So far I’ve only seen one Auracast receiver/transmitter for sale.

What I would find interesting is if you would connect the Plus to your tv and tell us if the voice and video are out of synchronization. If you can not tell any difference between the model 2 and Plus, that’s will be great news.

1 Like

Thanks so much!! I will try it this evening and let you know.

M

Two other things that would be interesting to know are whether the Streamer+ uses less battery power than Streamer 2 and the distance from Streamer+ before you lose access. Streamer+ with Auracast uses Bluetooth Low Energy (LE) what is also used with iPhone MFi streaming. Streamer 2 uses a proprietary 2.4GHz protocol to connect to hearing aids to avoid lip sync and power consumption issues when using standard Bluetooth and I suspect it’s probably pretty energy efficient but it would be nice to know how it compares with Auracast and LE if that’s possible to observe. As far as distance goes, for me Streamer 2 can be a couple hundred feet away and still maintain a connection so it would be interesting to know if Streamer+ has the same or similar distance capability.

Actually the TV Streamer+ with Auracast uses BT Low Energy Audio, which is completely different from BT Low Energy. And BT Low Energy Audio should sound substantially better than BT or BT Low Energy, but as you say, you need the receiving device to be compatible. The Nexia is and most other things aren’t compatible yet.

3 Likes

Marc,
What happened when you switched the 2 streamers? Did the Streamer+ work well without any lad in the sound?

Sorry for the delay in my response. I tried both streamers and there was no delay in the new streamer +, I had to slightly modify the original streamer 2. I subsequently removed the (+) from my PC at work as I was getting some additional sounds during meetings that became very distracting. I plan to reattach it to my Tv this week. I seem to be able to take meetings just fine using the HA without the streamer. However I did like the additional focus I got with the sound streamed directly into my ears. I know Windows 11 will have LE Bluetooth so will probably wait until then. I was able to successfully attach the Nexia’s to my M1 MBP but it was very difficult to toggle between my phone and my MBP so if anyone has what the recommended process should be that would be great as mine either gets locked onto the MBP or the phone and I am having a difficult time switching.

Marc