Resound streaming is back to being pitiful

So frustrating. No way will i ever purchase another Resound or Jabra product. For all of us suckers that fell for their bs, they could care less. I talked to support and they admit the whole streaming ability is hit or miss (mostly miss) and now i see LE/auracast is even worse. How csn they outright lie like this? I already filed a complaint with the feds, which went nowhere. Just sad that they get away with this crap for years with no real improvement. Just venting. Tnx

If you are happy with the aids otherwise, you could get their phone clip for phone calls and bluetooth connections. I used it on a ton of online meetings before i got Phonaks.

If you are not happy with aids and are looking to replace them, i can recommend the Phonak Lumity. Connects to phone, tablet, laptop, tv, and the excellent Roger ON microphone.

1 Like

I gave up on Jabra when I tried the Enhance Plus (the OTC earbud), and quickly learned that 1) it screeches when you touch the charger plates, and 2) it’s impossible to remove without touching the charger plates.

My last HA trial came down to Resound and Phonak and while the steaming issues weren’t the only reason I went with Phonak they were an important part of my decision. I hate the clips for enabling classic Bluetooth so if the steaming is inconsistent I would just never use the Bluetooth at all.

1 Like

I have Phonak which have been terrible for almost 2 years.
It’s the setup.
I’ve parted with the dispensing audiologist in a friendly way

Things are getting better.

For almost two years I blamed my hearing aids.

Just a thought.

Dave

1 Like

@mr.smithster. You’ve repeated the complaint in a couple different threads. As mentioned before, I think you have an Android Samsung phone. I have an iPhone. Streaming works great for me and was much improved by iOS 17 vs. iOS 16.x, where I’d lose BT connectivity if I went away from my iPhone for a long time. So, phone manufacturers and their ability to meet standards may be as much at fault as anything else. It’s a lot cheaper to get an iPhone than a new set of hearing aids, especially if they’re Phonak Lumitys. iOS is a walled garden, apps usually cost more but work better, and as an Android user for many years, I find iOS a lot less of a maze than Android. Although I’ve almost always had Samsung smartphones since the days of Windows Mobile back in 2003, and they’ve been great hardware-wise (drop-tested many times! :grinning:), I’ve always felt Samsung bogged down Android by how extensively they customized it and added stuff on (or why people buy Pixels…). So maybe it’s your phone and not your HAs that are messing up? Maybe there’s a better Android phone to own?

I suggest he turns off LE Audio on his phone if possbile. Kind of like finding a better Android, but cheaper. I’ve got Resound Nexia Enhance 10 aids (so no LE Audio) and a Pixel 8 Pro. Streaming is roughly on par with my old OPN1 aids connected to an iPhone.

I just realised he’s provided no details whatsoever, so assuming Resound Nexia Enhance Pro 20 that’s what I would try first.

1 Like

Yes, and that shows that for years now Resound still cant get bt streaming to function correctly.
And regardless of iphone or Android every update causes more issues. Resound support admitted it for both platforms.
And from what i read, now LE is even worse. Such a bad roll out for something they have been hyping for years just shows the mfg’s total dishonesty