Resound quattro - compression cutting in?

i’ve had my resound quattro’s for around 5 years now, and have been very happy with them (and resounds service).
i (think) recently i’ve been noticing a quite discernible ‘compression’ in sound that can be triggered by any number of things, e.g., a truck going past, a ceiling fan, any loud noise nearby - from clear clarity my aids compress the sound thereafter to a much more muted level, which, in time comes back to normal. i don’t remember this happening before.
streaming from the tv (via the resound streamer) is fine, likewise, over the phone (android) is unaffected.
my audio. is a 2.5-hour drive away, and i’m really not sure that she’s able to adjust compression levels or the like. does anyone else suffer this problem with quattro’s, or other aids, come to that?

tia

Well I’m thinking these are due for a check up, microphone vents and wax filters for a start, have you had the receiver’s replaced in the last 5 years?
This type of issue does seem a bit odd if you’ve never noticed it before,as this is the noise reduction kicking in for just these types of situations,there’s different settings for how aggressive this can be, there’s really nothing that can change in the programming by its self to do this tho, are you using the App at all?

2 Likes

hi tenkan,

thanks for the quick response, much appreciated indeed.

my aids were looked at by resound a while ago (maybe 9 or so months ago, at 75 time has a whole new perspective so you can take that timeframe with a pinch of salt ;-)). at that time i was given a completely new set of aids, and my audio replaced receivers at the same time. i regularly check domes and guards for detritus and wax, etc.,

i use the app all the time - and very useful it is indeed, but nothing seems to change this sudden ‘compression’.

it might well be that this ‘problem’ arose with my last audio checkup, (early feb this year)?

is it worth a visit to my audiologist and getting her to check it out? is the ‘attack’ rate something she change?

i appreciate your time

leslie

Yes I think that’s a good idea to have them take a look at what’s happening, because this can be changed in the software, so maybe something happened when they last had them in Feb.

thanks. will make an appointment.