[Resound] Phoneclip + ; battery issues?

Hi folks,

I just got a new Resound Verso with Phoneclip+. I must say the sound is very good.
However I have a strange issue with the Phoneclip. Connection to hearing aids is getting lost very fast, within 30 seconds. I got the sounds of low on battery on one ear,. and then it drops. Thing is I put fresh batteries in it, so it can’t be true. The other ear is giving battery low sounds within seconds after the first one.

Really don’t know where the problem is. Are the hearing aid kits not good, or is it the phoneclip?

Probably the battery. It could be something else, like a hearing aid voltage problem, but not likely both hearing aids have the same defect at the same time. Odds are more likely it was a bad batch of batteries. It has happened to me.

Sometimes I get some batteries that will run the hearing aids but do not have the power to run the wireless streaming connection to the Phone Clip+. There seems to be two levels of power and the batteries run at high power and run the streaming connection, then they exhaust their power and drop down to a lower power, and can only run the hearing aids. I switched to Power One and they seem to work better for me. I get about 2-3 days from the Ray-o-vac Costco batteries, and about a day longer wireless use with the Power Ones.

If you try different brands of batteries and they all go down in 30 seconds of being connected to the Phone Clip+, then I would say it’s the hearing aids.

@Don Thanks for post as that probably explains my exp. with new Kirkland Sig 5 HAs and PC+ although it is slightly different from OP. My Costco fitter put new batteries in HAs when I picked up PC+, presumably these were Costco batteries, but not sure. These worked fine and consistently for probably 5 days with only minimal use of PC+. I replaced batteries with my batch of Costco batteries, and the next day the PC+ would only connect (stream cell call) to one ear. I switched batteries L to R, and the sound flipped, so passed on your post I assume that one battery had enough voltage to run the HA but not to do streaming.

I have some Power One batteries on order.

I am familiar with the low battery notes when the HA battery is low. Is there any kind of indication that the PC+ is not working with an HA other than the obvious lack of sound? However noticing the latter when one picks up a call makes it a bit too late to do anything about it. Since I am new to all of this, it was particularly annoying to receive a long awaited important phone call to have it only come through to one HA.

I am wanting to like the PC+, but so far have mixed results. Most people I call indicate that my voice quality is good, however one complained that they heard a faint echo of their own voice which was not there when I disconnected PC+.

I found this interesting post (http://gnresoundblog.com/2013/04/18/how-the-phone-clip-helps-you-to-not-annoy-people-on-the-phone/) on how the PC+ works and wonder where the mic is on the back of the unit as it seems critical to the noise cancelling strategy. I had wondered about whether it might good for critical calls to have the PC+ handheld in front of my face, but given the noise cancelling strategy I am not at all sure that this would be beneficial aside from the fact that it’d be a lot less convenient.

I use Resound Alera 7s, same company as yours but different model, with a phone clip and microphone. Neither works in the right ear. As soon as I turn the microphone on or get a phone call on the phone clip, the right aid goes out. It is not the battery. There is something not working with the aid. I have had it in for repair 3 times and Resound has not been able to correct the problem. My audiologist doesn’t know what to say.

Do you mean the microphone on the right aid goes out and you can’t hear environmental sounds, or that you can’t hear the streamed signal from the Phone Clip or Mini Mic? It’s possible your right aid is set to turn off the mic during streaming.

I cannot hear the streamed signal from the phone clip or mini mic but continue to hear normally through the hearing aids.

To be more clear (sorry,) as soon as I turn on the microphone or receive/make a phone call, both the microphone and phone clip do not keep the connection in the right ear. The connection is made, and almost instantaneously (5-10 seconds) the connection is stopped. The aid continues to operate in its normal setting for regular hearing, but it will not connect to the microphone or phone clip, thus making the two items unusable in the right ear.

The connection works properly in the left ear, but with one side working and the other not, the distortion is too distracting to use so I disconnect the microphone or phone clip and continue to use the aids as usual.

— Updated —

I cannot hear the streamed signal from the phone clip or mini mic but continue to hear normally through the hearing aids.

To be more clear (sorry,) as soon as I turn on the microphone or receive/make a phone call, both the microphone and phone clip do not keep the connection in the right ear. The connection is made, and almost instantaneously (5-10 seconds) the connection is stopped. The aid continues to operate in its normal setting for regular hearing, but it will not connect to the microphone or phone clip, thus making the two items unusable in the right ear.

The connection works properly in the left ear, but with one side working and the other not, the distortion is too distracting to use so I disconnect the microphone or phone clip and continue to use the aids as usual.

rasmas_braun, one more thing - I do not believe that the aid is set to turn off the mic during streaming because my audiologist has looked into this and the aid has been sent back to Resound for repair three times without success. If it is not set for streaming, as you mentioned, I find it hard to believe my audiologist and Resound have not caught this. I will ask my audiologist to check this next time. Thanks for the suggestion.

Perhaps it’s a low battery situation. The current drain may be too high and the hearing aid will exit wireless mode. I don’t know what else it could be. It sounds like the accessories are paired correctly. When you sent the hearing aid back for repair, did you also include the clip and mini mic? They may need to examine all the items together.

I will be seeing my audiologist this week and will inquire about sending the aid plus the mic and phone clip back to Resound. I do not believe it is a low battery issue as I have changed batteries to make certain of this, but the two accessories still do not work in the left ear. Thanks again.

— Updated —

I will be seeing my audiologist this week and will inquire about sending the aid plus the mic and phone clip back to Resound. I do not believe it is a low battery issue as I have changed batteries to make certain of this, but the two accessories still do not work in the left ear. Thanks again.