Resound phone clip, apple watch, streaming

I have resound omnias, a cellular apple watch and a phone clip. I saw a suggestion about using the phone clip for streaming from watch to hearing aids. I can get responses from siri, but I have been unable to hear music streamed. I’m not sure if it isn’t working or if the volume is to low. I have been unable to find the means to imcrease volume except for the +/- on the phone clip which is inadequate. I’m not sure about phone calls; I haven’t tried it yet. Suggestions?

I haven’t tried streaming media or phone calls from my watch to my Omnias via Phone Clip+ as an intermediary device but I have used the Battery Charge Alarm app on my Apple Watch Ultra, set the % charge I want on the watch, and had the triggered charge alarm streamed from the watch through the PC+ device to my Omnias, and the streamed alarm sound was plenty loud in my ears. The Battery Charge Alarm app allows the user to set alarm volume, which I did. Have you swiped up from the bottom of the watch screen to show the watch Control Center? When you do that, if you scroll down to the streaming control, which looks like a series of concentric circles with an equilateral trial inserted into the bottom side of the circles, is the streaming output set to the Apple Watch or to Hearing Aid Phone? To successfully stream from the watch through the PC+, you need to make sure for whatever app you’re using, the streaming output is going to the Hearing Aid Phone device (the PC+).

I think there’s another thread on the forum where various users have reported a lack of success streaming phone calls from the watch through the PC+. I didn’t find my Apple Watch 6 worked very well used directly for phone calls because of a small tinny speaker and a small microphone but the Ultra, with a much bigger speaker and multiple beam-forming microphones, works great used Dick Tracy style. Just holding the watch up close to an Omnia M&RIE receiver, the callers come through loud and clear, and all the callers I’ve asked say the same for my voice on the other end of the call.

Since the Ultra has BT 5.3, I’m hoping that whenever Apple and the MFI hearing brand crowd ever get around to implementing BT LE Audio, that the watch gets upgraded, too, and is able to stream directly to the Omnias or a future MFi hearing device - as I’m planning on keeping the watch for many years. My Apple Watch 6 only lost a % or two of its charge capacity in two years, and I’m hoping the same will be true for the Ultra (I keep it charged between 40% and 60% by just slapping it on its inductive charger whenever the charge gets down into the lows 40’s %).

Edit_Update: Forgot to mention that when streaming is successfully set up and active, the LED light on the PC+ will be intermittently flashing a BLUE color rather than its default green, when it’s on and adequately charged. The Battery Charge Alarm app “seizes” a BT channel from the watch to the PC+ (and from there to your HA’s). When one looks at the Status tab in the Smart 3D app, one should also see an icon for the PC+ at the top of the screen and lines connecting it to the icons for the left and right HA’s if the watch to PC+ to HA channel is all connected up and “live.”

3 Likes