Resound One vs Phonak Paradise trial

I know this is an old thread, but what did you end up with? I’m trying to compare the two but I can’t find much on the resound

I compared them both through costco (ks10 is phonak and jabra is resound one). I went with the jabra /resound one because I really like the m&rie - microphone and receiver in ear. It is great for me. I’d still suggest trying them both.

1 Like

What did you like about the M&RIE? My use case is singularly for speech processing, as I have an auditory processing disorder and not much hearing loss.
I’m leaning towards the paradise for the ActiveVent and bluetooth, but I don’t want to give up on sound quality or echo/noise cancellation. I’m not in the US, so at most I could try them for 10 minutes at the local clinic.

For me there was two things. The jabra felt like a larger dynamic range to the sound. But the real thing was the wind noise. With the m&rie it’s amazing. Wind sounds like wind. With any others I’ve tried with mic behind the ear the wind is annoying.

The one downside I see to the Jabra with M&RIE receiver is that it’s designed to work best with closed domes or custom molds. In normal circumstances I would think you wouldn’t want to use a closed dome with such a mild loss.

Wind noise is pretty bad with my Resounds. At this point its the only negative I have. Not sure if it’s microphone placement or software but wind doesn’t sound like wind, but more like something is being brushed up against my aids. I do have my gains cranked due to my loss, but I don’t get the same levels of discomfort in wind as some older Oticons. But now, after many self adjustments, custom molds, and purchasing a Phone Clip+ and TV Streamer, everything works really well and now I can’t live without them for even a short time. I used to go without wearing aids on the weekends as much as possible unless really needed them, but now I find myself wanting to wear these all of the time

3 Likes

If you cannot use the m&rie (I realize you can’t due to your loss) then I would agree - my jabras using another program are not very good in wind. If someone can use m&rie then the wind noise blocking is amazing…

1 Like

You are correct. And I should have mentioned that these work well in mild wind. It’s only heavy wind that is an issue.

Do you use the Outdoors program or its equivalent with the Ones or the Jabras for wind noise outside? For the Quattros, the Outdoors program is the only one designed to deal with wind especially well. The other 3 basic programs All-Around, Restaurant, and Music are not specially designed to handle wind noise. I find the Outdoors program with the Quattros does a pretty good job of suppressing wind noise. Wearing a knit cap (or EarGear, if one wants to go that route) does an even better job especially if already using the Outdoors program.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion. I am not currently using the Outdoor program at all. I will look into adding that this weekend. We had a windy day and I noticed that the wind noise is only bad when it blows from the rear. If the wind is in my face, no wind noise. Thanks for the suggestion

Well you certainly seem to be doing a thorough job testing the aids. Good for you.

Outdoor mode with the Resound really makes a world of difference all around, but especially for ME in windy conditions it mutes it down to a dull sound.

Focus program during business meeting at a restaurant is awesome. I can really zero in on the party I’m speaking with in addition to hearing others at tables around me very clearly.

1 Like

Maybe I need to keep tweaking my Ultra Focus. I don’t find that it helps me much, but hearing your experience leads me to believe there is some possible improvement to be had in the program. Tnx

I don’t have a lot of luck with that mode. I’m actually finding that just all around with m&rie works best for me. Yes I hear a lot of noise, but I can usually pick out the person talking to me - as well if not better than the people I am with often :wink:

1 Like

I wish I could use that receiver but my loss is to great. How is the size of the receiver compared to regular? The power receivers are HUGE. I couldn’t really tolerate it with standard power domes. My bad ear also is my smaller ear cannel. I had a custom made for both receivers, standard and power, and to be honest, I like the standard receiver in a custom domes better than the power receiver. Without a power dome, my standard receiver was worthless. I didn’t know that until I got a custom. I think Resound can place the receiver so close to my eardrum with custom molds, that at this point, I don’t use my power receiver. With standard domes, my power receiver had no feedback, while my standard one did, because the gains were in the Grey area showing risk of feedback. But my custom is fully closed, no vent. So no feedback even when maxed out. I don’t mind the feeling of a closed mold because my bad ear always has felt clogged anyway, and I have gotten accustomed to that plugged up feeling. I also have adjusted my All Around to wear I really like it. I can tell where sounds are coming from much better than Restaurant mode, although I still like it smaller settings.

I’ve truly appreciated your comments here. I’ve learned a lot.

I have Phonak Audeo Paradise P90’s with rechargeable batteries. I’m grateful to have them.

Yet I’m a slow learner, and have a lot more to learn about using them effectively.

DaveL
Toronto

1 Like

What is the P90?I have not heard of that model before,

1 Like

Phonak Paradise P90R- they are the top tier off the Phonak Paradise line (the latest release after the Marvel aids). They are (my opinion) by far the best units in regards to BT compatibility.

2 Likes

Phonak Audeo Paradise P90-R is the model I wear. Phonak is the brand name. Audeo is their line of RIC HAs. Paradise is the platform based on the electronics and the software to provide the fitter and the HA wearer with optimum aid in hearing. P indicates paradise, 90 is the most premium of the four level of capability offered in this line. R is rechargable. There are options for disposable batteries, telecoil, and different receivers.

Phonak Audeo Paradise

WH

2 Likes

@WhiteHat Thanks.

I wish I could find a “Phonak Audeo Paradise P90-R for Dummies” Book. When I think I’m doing ok I hear comments “you’re hearing aids aren’t set up right.”
DaveL
Toronto

1 Like