Resound One and Cochlear processor pairing

I don’t see an option on the Nucleas app for changing processors. The options under settings:

Processors settings >
Child
Adult
Suspended
Processor beeps
Notifications >
Manage Privacy settings >
Firmware update >
About >

Thanks

In the upper left corner of the app.
Select the 3 little bars.

Then select Settings.

Then select Processor Settings.

Thanks for the screen shot. Unfortunately, I don’t have the options below Processor beeps.

Hmmm,
Gave it a try.
I wonder if this is a selection the fitter can help with?
Or is it because I have two implants.

Good questions! I will ask the Audi when I see her tomorrow. Thanks again!

Here is a picture of my phone when settings is selected.
It might be different than yours.

This is what my Settings screen looks like:

1 Like

I recently upgraded from Kanso and N6 to Kanso 2 and N7. Don’t believe we have things paired on the Nucleus app. I have the Resound Linx 3D7 RIE and an android phone. I am going back to my CI clinician shortly and hopefully will get things corrected. Does your CI Clinician take care of both your CI and Resound? If so that’s nice as I have to go to a different audiologist for the Resound. I am streaming TV from the Kanso 2 but not from the resound app. Keep me posted on getting things paired up !!!

Have you checked for firmware updates?
Your settings page definitely has less options.

What Resound HA do you have ?

@scififan FYI Phonak hearing aid can be worn with the N7. You need to purchase receivers from Phonak and fit them to both aid and N7. It’s a Roger 20 receiver.

I had my Audi appointment yesterday and she reiterated that I cannot have two processors linked to the Resound One HA. She said that it is a limitation of the Resound HA and that they are unlikely to change that. The reason they are unlikely to change is it because very few people have two processors. According to her their clinic is one of the few that provides two processors to their clients.

How many people on this forum have multiple Cochlear processors? Is it that rare for a customer to have two processors? Apparently no one has brought this up before and that I am the only one asking for this “feature”. I asked her to advocate on my behalf for a change and she said she would mention it to Resound at their next meeting, but held out little hope that they would change, since it would only benefit such a small group.

I was not aware of the ability to connect a Phonak HA to the Cochlear devices. I will have to look into the Roger 20 receiver. Does it physically attach to the N7? If it does, then that would rule out the use of the K2.

During my visit I mentioned that music through the Resound One HA was very disappointing compared to the Phonak Marvel P90 that I have. She said that Resound was more focused on speech and that I was used to the sound of the Phonak and I would get used to the Resound “sound”. She did make some changes to the programming for streaming that has made a difference, but I haven’t had time to listen to much music yet.

In the USA most Cochlear brand implant patients have two processors for an ear. I do know that Medicare supports this in the US.

I have two implants and 4 processors.

If you take Resound out of the picture you should be able to switch processors and move right along. Make since? This includes Bluetooth and TV connector. I do know I can with my N7 and K2 processors.

Have you considered contacting Cochlear about this. Your audiologist reply seemed a little lame.

1 Like

Sheryl,
You say “Phonak hearing aid”, but did you mean assistive listening device like a Roger On and the associated receivers that get installed to receive from the ALD? That would make sense to me. I don’t get your meaning if you really mean like a Phonak Audeo Paradise HA or Naida. It feels to me like you mixed the terms for the concepts.

WH

1 Like

Raudrive, what you say makes sense. However, it doesn’t match what I am seeing. The nucleas app does not recognize two different processors. I have two iPhones so I have one connected to the K2 and one connected to the N7. If I attempt to use the wrong processor it indicates that the processor cannot be found.

I also just noticed that my Audi unlocked more features on the N7 than she did the K2. I think that was a mistake. They were supposed to be both updated for full control. On the N7 I now have sensitivity, bass, treble, and master volume.

And neither does my Nucleus Smart app. I have to unpair a processor to pair with a different processor.

This is good. These controls can be very handy at times. Typically I do not make changes but there are unique times they help big time.
These are simple check a box decisions in the Cochlear software. I have watched my fitter do it.

Raudrive, how do you unpair a processor in the Nucleas app?

Hmmm…
I showed you in an earlier post.
Yesterday at your appointment would have been a great time to get your fitter to set you up like mine.

Good luck

@Raudrive You are right you did show me. However, I don’t have the option to unpair from the setting screen as shown on your screenshot. I will go back to the Audi and get it right. Thanks!