Resound One 9 issues

My aids are almost 3 years old and never had any issues untill now. The issues i am having is my left aid seems to go wonky about 4 times an hour. It sounds like the gain increases to max, then settles back to proper gain in about 1 to 2 seconds. And my right aid is running out of charge at about 13 hours use, where just 2 weeks ago they would still have 40% charge at 14-15 hours use (which they have done since i got them).
Something happened and it happened suddenly. The odd sound started at the same time as the charge issue. I ordered some new receivers but think it may be more hardware related.
Any suggestions? Tnx

Obviously you’ve changed the wax filters, made sure the microphone ports are clear, is it only happening in the one program or doesn’t matter which, if it’s the receiver swap them around and see if it still happens.

1 Like

EDIT: Sorry, I see now, you do have rechargeable Ones.

In my experience, ReSound rechargeable RIE aids often need receiver replacement, as in about once every nine months for my Quattros. So if you’ve never done or had it done by your audiologist, it may well be time, three years in. The symptoms of needing new receivers can vary from fading sound to intermittent quirky symptoms like yours. An audiologist can test the receiver to see if it needs replacement.

Your warranty on those batteries is probably up soon (once you hit that three year anniversary), so it’s recommended you ask your audiologist to get the batteries replaced under warranty. If your Ones are like the Quattros, this means the whole body of each aid is replaced, because they can’t just swap out rechargeable batteries, at least in mine. The batteries are integrated into the circuitry in the body of the aid. The audiologist would probably send ReSound the aids, and they’d come back in about a week. But this repair may not make financial sense once the warranty is over, so ask for it under warranty. Rechargeable lithium ion batteries begin losing the ability to hold a charge and deliver a full day’s service in years two-to-four and eventually after that stop being effective.

Thanks for the replies. I saw the audiologist that made my molds and he is willing to send them in. Confirmed something wrong with right aid and that left aid has battery issues.
So, since i cant live without aids and this audi doesn’t have loaners especially since i didnt buy them from him i headed over to Costco and was able to purchase some Jabra Pro 20’s. I look forward to having a backup set as long as these 20’s work out and can always return them if i dont.
The new receivers i installed didnt help at all. Tnx

1 Like