Resound multi mic

Does anybody know how to clean the microphone vents on the Resound multi mic? Using a small probe would probably push the dirt into the mic and there is no obvious way to dismantle the case.

try using the little black brush that comes with the HA’s

Won’t that push the dirt in? I’ll perhaps try to find a small suction device.

I haven’t used my consumer Jodi-Vac on my Multi-Mic yet but I would imagine it would work if the dirt is not too crammed in. I use the Jodi-Vac on my Quattros. Got it on Amazon for ~$100 and bought filter refills directly from the Jodi-Vac company (6 for ~$16 including mailing). It’s pretty well-made for what it is.

Thanks Jim that sounds interesting. Have looked on Amazon UK site but so far can’t find the Jodi-Vac lots of miniature vacs but all seem too cheap to be suitable. Will continue to search. Thanks again.

After further investigation discovered microphone covers prise off with a fine blade, they are just stuck on with a viscous glue, and there is only one mic and that is covered by a fine mesh filter. This filter was partially covered with the glue, which I managed to carefully scrape off but really it needs to be cleaned with a solvent. Wouldn’t advise carrying out this dismantling unless you have steady hands and some experience in miniature DIY.

1 Like

I’m not sure they’d call it a “multi-mic” if there was only one mic on the whole deal - there is probably another mic under the grill cover to the left on your picture and on the top of the device there appears to be yet a third, at least.

My Multi-Mic appears a bit different than yours. I got mine at Costco and it has “ReSound” no where on the device. And the button is gray, not blue on mine. Perhaps mine is the “Costco-branded” version as I was told that I could only get warranty service, etc., by going back to a Costco. But in every other respect, it’s a Multi-Mic as I easily paired it with my HA’s and it shows up as a Multi-Mic in the fitting software, etc.

I think the multi refers to the mic on the top, which I uncovered, and the mic on the body for when the unit is placed on a table. I’m sure there was nothing under the other top vent.

Just kidding but I guess one way to find out is to tape the other two places over and see what comes through to your (my) HA’s!

Multi mic refers to the multiple ways you can use the mic- expansion port, telecoil, 3.5mm jack…in comparison to mini mic. This is in addition to the mic on the body that activates when flat.