ReSound Multi-Mic Review (Ongoing)

I understand you’re going uphill with the ignorant drivers - wish you the best of luck with the project.

Of course. I often use my Multi Mic on lecturers and tour guides, and I always politely ask them to wear the mic and why, and I have never been turned down.

2 Likes

I’m guessing that was before the covid-19 pandemic? I doubt any ride share drive would have minded back then, now the world is much different. The “shelter at home” requests have been followed very well in my town and county, as the numbers of covid-19 infections show, so I fully understand people not wanting to take any risks, real or not.

1 Like

I use the Multi-Mic all the time. Mostly I have it connected to an audio source via the 3.5mm audio jack (such as Laptop, TV or iPad - can’t pair more than one bluetooth device to Resound Quattro etc) and use it to watch videos. It’s plugged in all the time. Love it! Quality is super clear.

Personally I did not find the microphone feature on it useful so I’ve stopped using it. I just use it as a way to stream audio.

3 Likes

My Roger Connect, DAI Shoes, are finally on the way…finally. So I will update you soon.

1 Like

I have the same issue with the multi mic – does not work well in group situations. Works fine one on one with someone wearing it. I am interested in trying the collapsable selfie stick idea. Would a selfie stick attach to a multi-mic? which one would I purchase?

how would this work? just put in the receiver and turn on a pen, turn on the multi mic and you are good to go?

Thanks for this reminder!

I know this is an old thread, but … I’m a new-ish user of the Multi Mic. I always have to increase the volume from default when using it horizontally. I wish the controls were more informative and more predictable. However, when I get the volume right, the Multi Mic makes meetings and meals at restaurants bearable.

The Roger series from Phonak may be much better, but it also seems to be much more expensive.

Raise it up on a ketchup bottle, or expandable cup, something like that, it works better the closer the mic is to the speaker.

1 Like

I’ve had mine for years, originally for earlier ReSound HAs. Now connected to my new Jabra Enhance Pros. My audi created a “additional” program slot for it (so I show 5, instead of 4, channels on the iPhone app). Mostly I use it when walking with a friend, but yesterday tried it in the table-center at a small meeting. Once I upped the volume control on the mic, it was terrific. Made all the difference. You have to be willing to “talk about it”, as people will ask, “What’s that?”. From the one question I got, I judged the person is HOH but hasn’t yet addressed her problem! I hope I encouraged her to do so.

1 Like