Resound Linx Quattro 962 on sale at Specsavers UK

Specsavers UK have these on sale at £2295 ($2800) for a pair. Inclusive of 4 years warranty, aftercare and batteries. Also a 90 day trial period, which includes full refund, if not satisfied. Only problem is, there is no REM. I have typical ski slope hearing loss,which i have been told is fairly easy to treat. So should I be worried about the lack of REM?

Looking at the Aventa fitting for the Quattro that go out of here: it does tend to roll off the REM target from 1500Hz to 4Khz. Even when it looks like the full on-screen target is being met.

You can take two views on this: clinically it might suggest that the aid is underperforming but it might subjectively it might sound better. Or alternatively the risk of the downward spread of masking is diminished as adjacent higher frequency points in the cochlear aren’t being over stimulated.

Whichever way it’s a bargain at that money and Resound have basically put two fingers up to the independent sector by offering Speccies such a good deal. Whether Resound has the back office capacity in Kidlington to support the whole of the Speccies chain is another matter - especially as Aventa doesn’t handle switching between demo/trail and purchased models very well.

1 Like

Thankyou Um_bongo. I did trial the Phonak Audeo B90 from ‘Speccies’ around a year ago. I decided not to keep them, as I wanted to wait until the Marvels had been released. Although now I will possibly try the Resounds.

1 Like

Had my hearing test today at Specsavers UK. Being fitted with Resound Linx Quattro 962 on September 2nd. I enquired about REM, the Audi. has agreed to it, they have the equipment, but do not usually carry it out unless asked, or have problems fitting a patient. She said the fitting target software would normally be just as close.
I decided against rechargeables, although I have since discovered the battery model uses a size 13 battery. How does the physical size of the aid compare with others that use 312 batteries?