Resound Forte 8 RIC problem

Hi,

I have a pair of Resound Forte 8 RIC with Forte/Cala MP 2 receivers, purchased from Costco.
For the past few months the left device had problems and Costco technicians tried, but could not help.

The problems are the following:

Some days the unit’s microphone just turns off. On those occasions even if I turn power off (by disconnecting the battery) and back on, the microphone is still off. The only way I can turn it on is by pressing the button on the hearing aid for a few seconds or by taking the hearing aid out of my ear and putting it back. I assume it is the microphone because if I rub the hearing aid, I can hear it and if I use the Bluetooth-enabled phone, I can listen to it on the left hearing aid too. When I use this method, the microphone works for a variable amounts of time (seconds to hours). On some days the microphone works from the time I turn it on in the morning until the time I turn it off in the evening.

I started having these problems while I had an iphone 8. 2 weeks ago I got a new iphone 15 with the latest iOS. The problems are the same.

Just recently a new problem impacts the same device: the unit crackles occasionally.

Have you experienced or seen these types of problems? Any suggestions for what to do?

I am not sure if these problems have to do with compatibility between iphones and Resound or if this is a device problem.

I am considering sending the device for potential repair to Affordable Hearing Aid Repairs. If you worked with them, what has been your experience with them?

Thanks in advance.

This sounds like a problem with having a button to mute the Hearing Aid that is probably stuck or malfunctioning. on the other hand, fixing it by taking the hearing aid out of your ear, sounds like and humidity problem or maybe even a bit of wax in the ear.

Also, do you have this problem if you don’t connect your hearing aid to your phone? have you tried to keep it disconnected from the phone?

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Yes, the problem occurs even when the phone is powered down and when Bluetooth is turned off.