Resound dot programming cables

Good, Thank you. Do you believe that member (spence watosn) bought 5 of them? I don’t.

You don’t own a replica USB Hi-Pro do you?

Well I do, and I can vouch that they work just fine.

People who buy online should learn how to use their credit card chargeback rights given to them by law. If you end up buying something that is not the product that was described then you file a dispute with your credit card company to get a refund. Beware of PayPal negating those rights by funding your payment via PayPal balance or via debit card or via your bank account. Insure your payment is 100% funded via credit card.

I don’t own a replica hi-pro - I have a real one… I don’t own a rolex because I can’t afford one… All my DVD’s and CD’s are legitimate though.

As long as the forum reading public understands that your disdain for Hi-Pro replicas is not based on fact then I will be content.

Here’s a couple of facts supporting my rock solid USB Hi-Pro:
My Hi-pro works great for Programming the Oticon Epoq, Click -> HERE
My Hi-pro works great for Programming the ReSound Live9, Click -> HERE

I guess they are called “USB programming devices” and not “HI-PRO” as GN would probably attack them if they used the trademarked name…

The firmware in them is 99.9% likely to be cloned - and thus a Copyright infringement.

LIke burra, I don’t have a problem with legit second sources … but Intellectual property theft is still theft.

Just because it’s easier to do than say stealing a car doesn’t make it any less of a crime.

And like burra I think all my DVDs and CDs are legit.

Now let me get this straight. You guys can’t get any mileage out of the >>bogus claims<< about inferior merchandise. So now you are attacking the legality of a HOH person purchasing a USB Hi-Pro on EBay. Is that it? Really? Am I understanding your tactics correctly?

Maybe you should convey your message to Mr bidbybid who has been selling these things on EBay for ages. Oh, he is also a member here on hearingaidforums so why not just send him an email?

btw> I believe that none of us care about your recorded disc collections or what type of wristwatch you may be lusting after. It’s just not that important.

This is my Hi-Pro. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My Hi-Pro is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My Hi-Pro, without me, is useless. Without my Hi-Pro, I am useless. I must program true with my Hi-Pro. My Hi-Pro is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weakness, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its cables and its power source. I will keep my Hi-Pro clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will… :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Its great to be able to self-program - I would love to take my laptop and optimise the settings of my aids while I’m in the REAL noise of a Starbucks…

I didn’t see anyone in this thread challenging the legality of buying a HI-PRO on Ebay - your own picture shows you didn’t buy a HI-PRO anyway.

They just pointed out you bought a Chinese copy of a HI-PRO which almost certainly contains a stolen copy of GN Otometrics’ firmware - their intellectual property (hence the posters using the Limewire analogy where the song/film artists’ intellectual property is also stolen and copied).

The copier obviously decided printing “HI-PRO USB” on the front of the box was an extra risk they didn’t want to take (as “passing off” as a GN product and so violating their Trademark and brand as well would greatly increase the likelihood of a lawsuit from GN).

I’m sure Bidbybid is happy stashing away most of the $650 he charges for the “USB Digital Hearing Aid Programmers” - they probably cost him under $20.

I wonder why he stopped selling cables to go with them?

This is almost certainly not true! The code for this serial interface is likely so simplistic that anyone could write it. Even me.

Look in the above posts for these claims where “they”…
asked if we/I “like stealing music and software with limewire”
said they “bought 5 of those hi-pros that just didn’t work”
said that buying a “replica hi-pro is about as dodgy as a rolex watch”
said that the “firmware in them is 99.9% likely to be cloned”

Non of this is true. But why are “they” posting here to HOH people? Why not take the claims of inferior and illegal merchandise to the authorities? Oh, maybe I know why. Because it’s not true!

Business can’t work this way; $650 for the vendor and $20 for the manufacturer.

If the box is as simple as you say then someone is making $600+ profit on the cost of parts & assembly. If it was a GN box, then they would be making a big chunk of that - as a “return” on their R&D & development costs.

Interestingly, Bidbybid is now using a photo of a real HI-PRO on his listings…did he do that when he sold you your box?