ReSOund (DanaLogic) Ambio S88 - NHS Prescription HAs - I need a more detailed Manual

My wife has just been fitted with UK NHS Hearing Aids - Called DanaLogic Ambio S88 hearing aids. These HA are maid by ReSound.

When the audiologist was fitting my wife with her new devices I asked a number of questions which the audiologist did not know the answer.
I decided to call the GN ReSound UK Ltd Customer Care phone line to order/ask for a user manual with full specification of the devices. The charming person responded that I had to get any additional information from the NHS provider.

The NHS was unable to answer the questions and I was given a ‘Hearing Aid Information Guide’. Having read it only the last page ‘Getting Connected’ addressed my question but is totally inadequate to my needs.

So my question is - Can anybody advise me how I can get hold of a user manual rather than an Executive overview of the HAs in question.

I need to know things like what Codecs does it support and what Profiles. How many devices can it be paired with? I am staggered that GN ReSound UK were so evasive of answering these questions. There must be a manufacturers manual somewhere… Does anybody have any idea as to how I can get my hands on one.

I have two Bluetooth transmitters which we use to supply Sony Headphones with TV Sound. I know ReSound have a Streamer 2 - but is this a pre-requisite or can I use the OEM BT Transmitter?

It is rather like buying a car and not having a technical handbook.
HELP!

Welcome to the world of direct hearing aid manufacturer to consumer support - NOT!

Unfortunately this is pretty common short shrift with regards to all the major manufacturers. They have minimal contact with end consumers. Everything is assumed to go through the middleman.

I cannot help sorry - I did find these links using google:

Resound Ambrio Smart use Low Energy Bluetooth.

It has the wrong Bluetooth to connect to a TV or any other Bluetooth but iPad or iPhone. (Unless using a Resound TV Streamer.)

It also can’t be paired to two devices at once in terms of 1 x iPad and 1 x iPhone or 2 x iPhone, for example.

1 Like

Where were you when I needed you! I have a TV Audio Bluetooth transmitter which supports two headphones but as you say it not compatible with LE BT!.

I have asked a supplier whether I can ‘borrow’ or ‘sale and return’ the streamer. My wife is very happy with our current headphone solution but because she has to take her hearing aids out to to use the headphones it makes normal interactive conversations impossible… if I inadvertently speak to her she has to remove the headphones, insert here HAs and then chat and then reverse the operation … this is very tedious for her. SO if the streamer works such that when we pause the sound on the TV she will (should?) be able to have a chat in parallel with watching TV…

Does this make sense? The only other potential solution would be to have headphones with integral mike and communications capability…Where do I find such a device!

Many thanks again…
As for the Zebra - I hope soon to be with a few dozen when I go to South Africa to visit friends and go on Safari!