Resound Cala 8 RIE: First Impressions

Up until recently, most Sony TVs did not support the Bluetooth A2DP profile. So those models won’t be able to stream audio to the Phone Clip+.

Is there a workaround for this?

1 Like

I found out more info after I did the above post. My HA’s pair with my bedroom TV which is a Samsung. My living room TV is a Sony and it does not support the A2DP bluetooth profile that is necessary for it to work. So I started researching bluetooth transmitter’s, but most of these connect into my TV headphone jack. The problem with this the headphone jack is turned off when the TV speakers are turned off. The TV’s speakers are turned off in order to use my A/V receiver. I am now checking into using the optical out connection at the back of the Sony TV. But I have to find out if it is “hot” when the TV’s speakers are turned off before I buy something that may not work.

I have a sound bar with optical. Its tuning is separate from the built-in speakers. I haven’t used the headphone jack and can verify that optical is completely independent. I imagine that would vary with manufacturer’s implementations.

I plugged in an optical cable and it lit up, so I am assuming it will work. I also have ordered a Bluetooth transmitter that has an optical connection.

I just got my Cala 8s and installed the Resound Smart app. I kept looking for the hearing pattern angle, and it does not seem to be present. I have background noise reduction and wind noise listed in the “sound enhancer” menu for the “Restaurant” option. The background noise reduction works, but the wind noise is grayed. However, no hearing pattern angle (speech focus). . .

anyone know why?

What is the HA setting that shuts off when something is loud? My HA’s are cutting on and off while talking normal. I am getting them adjusted tomorrow and I want to tell her what it is.

Also while tying this my left HA beeped one beep and the volume went way down in just that HA. This is the third time it has done that. Any idea what is causing this?