Reputation of Signia hearing aids

What is the reputation of Siemens/Signia hearing aids? Good brand? Not so good brand? All opinions welcome.

I chose Signia Pure NX7 over Oticon OPN1 a couple of years ago. My decision was based on the quality of streamed audio, the Signia audio quality was much better. I have had a few issues that required factory service, on par with my experiences with other manufacturers. I use TV streamer(s) and I stream from an iPhone. I have had some difficulty finding people to service these HAs, as the initial fitter went retired with no replacement.

I could have any brand I want free via the VA and I’m wearing the Signia Pure 312 X.

Good to know! I have a policy that’s offering a coupon “discount” for Signia aids. Guess I’ll go with Signia. :slight_smile:

I had Signia and really liked them.

They’re fine aids. They’re just not super popular. Phonak and Oticon seem to have best reputation, but Signia are quite good.

Beltone is actually the only hearing aid manufacturer that I’d heard of before Humana and this forum and one on Reddit.

Actually there are not many “manufacturers” of hearing aids. Signia is a Savantos product which is also the parent company of Rexton, Widex. Miracle Ear, et al. Beltone is a relabeled GN Resound product.

All major manufacturers have quality products.

I don’t pay much attention to brand rather how well the hearing aid works for me.

1 Like

In 2019, the two companies merged, Widex and Sivantons.Now the two companies operate under a new name (WS AUDILOGY)

It is possible that better products will come these years as they will share technology and patents together and save on development. And brands like Signia, Widex, Rexton etc will still exist separately. As the SONOVA group owns Phonak Hansatom and Unitron. Each brand of appliance has its own sound, its own special characteristics, which is why it is good to have separate brands.
Widex has invested too little in portable battery chargers, Signia has that, so I think they will share that technique. Signia could get some technique that makes Widex special, and I expect a big jump in the next hearing aids coming to market :slight_smile:

Re: battery chargers. I checked into it, and apparently the rechargeable batteries have a life of about 18 hours and need to be recharged every night, circadian rhythm–whatever. The batteries that have to be replaced will last from 3 to 7 days depending on the battery. I think I’m going with the replaceable batteries. Seems like less of a headache and the recharge is instantaneous.

2 Likes

If you go with disposables, you may have the option of choosing between size 312 and 13 batteries. The 13 has notably more capacity and often the hearing aid isn’t much bigger. Something worth asking about.

2 Likes

I agree. I went with the rechargeable aids and gave up after never getting a full day’s (16 to 17 hrs.) use. A PITA when dead, nothing can immediately be done. Lost extra $$ for rechargeable function when going back to replaceable batteries, but OK with that. 5 to 6 days on batteries now, but never without aids.

I use Signia Pure 312 7nx. They work fairly well for me, especially tv and phone streaming. Only thing I would change is bigger battery. Heck, I would take a 675 version if they made one. I stream a lot and my batteries are changed every other day. The aids work fairly well for me in total quiet, but with ANY background noise…forget about it…That is not the fault of the hearing aids, but my screwed up hearing/abysmal word recognition ability.

1 Like

I’ve heard generally positive things. One thing to be aware of: when I looked into them, they did seem to lean towards Apple for streaming. You can stream Android with an extra device/dongle. That may have changed since, I was looking at new aids around 6 months ago, but just something to be aware of if you don’t use iStuff.

I purchased a pair of Signia HAs in 2020 because of the great discount being offered and I would buy Signia again without hesitation. But I definitely would not buy Signia from the same provider, because they don’t perform Real Ear Measurements or follow best practices.

Also, I don’t know the specific discount offered to you, just know it’s not uncommon for the “discounted” price to be hundreds or thousands more than Costco’s price for equivalent aids. I strongly recommend prioritizing finding a reputable provider who follows best practices over all else. Getting your HAs properly fit has way more impact than brand choice.
-Gabe

2 Likes

I had NX7 with batteries. Before that I had removable re-chargeable and also gave up as they did not make 16 hours in the 312 size. The hearing aid were fine, but I had lots of problems with sweat in the receivers, so I went back to BTE. Went with Phonak Naida SP and I really like the Bluetooth rather than carrying another device since I use Android. I still have the Signia as spares.

Turns out, I didn’t have that option. The new model, Tru Hearing 5, replaces True Hearing 19. These are private labels that Signia makes for True Hearing. The options were the 312 batteries or rechargeable batteries. I could have bought the older Model 19 and it could use the No. 13 battery, but the audiologist said newer models usually come with quality improvements over older ones, so she advised me to get the new Model 5. I guess having to change batteries every 3 days is not so onerous a task. Better than running out daily when using a rechargeable battery.

1 Like

Tru Hearing is a discount seller of hearing aids. I think they sell everything on the market. They normally have a discounted rate of $1695 or some such for the hearing aids that I got (according to the fellow at Tru Hearing that I spoke to on the phone), but I bought them for $1,000 each with Humana’s discount “coupon.” It’s not really a coupon, of course. It’s just a deal Tru Hearing struck with Humana that they would sell at that lower price if Humana marketed the aids.

312 should work fine, but it’s good that you know ahead of time that there was an option for 13.