Replacing drying cup capsules

Hi all
I have had hearing loss for several years, but 6 months ago I decided to buy at least one HA to improve my quality of life. It has been a big change since then, and planning and saving to buy my the second one next year.
As part of the HA I also bought the Phonak C&C drying cup and it came with 6 capsules, but how long should these capsules last? I haven´t change the original one installed since it´s not completely white, but it has definitely lost color.
How often should these capsules be replaced? Are we talking weeks or months on average?
Best regards

Hello,
I replace the capsule monthly, even if the color hasn’t faded that much. Since I do that i had fewer repairs for moisture in my aids.
Broceliande

Thanks for the reply ans tip Broceliande.

I’ve been reading online but it’s hard to find information about this topic, even on the Phonak website. I replaced the capsule, the day of the post. I think 1 month is over kill, so I’ll go with a 2 month period for now.

Idid speak to my audi about this, she mentioned a 4 to 6 month duratiom, but where I live is very hot and humid al year long to this is a topic of concern to me.

Erasmo

I live in a pretty temperate climate and change every 4-6 months (usually 6) unless it goes pale yellow before then. Admittedly I don’t use my aids as much as some other people but the only time I’ve had a moisture problem on any of my aids was the time they took a spin in the washing machine.

Hi Luna

After having the capsules for a year it turns out that during winter I have to change the capsules every month, this is because of the humidity in here. This year a bought a new cup that you don’t replace capsules, but put it in the microwave for 30 seconds and it’s brand new again. the previous Capsules also had an expiration date that was april 2016 and that also made me decide to buy a new one for the same price as the replacement capsules.

Cheers.

I’m using a drying cup fpr the first time. Can anyone tell me what colour the crystals should be when they are fresh, and and what colour they are when they need changing?