Repair parts (receiver) for Widex Evoke 330?

The receiver on my Widex Evoke 330 broke yesterday. It broke at the actual receiver, the plastic housing just snapped off. The wax guard and dome are attached to half of it, the rest of the receiver is attached to the wire that connects to the aid itself.

Years ago my audiologist swapped out the receiver for me and gave me one that was a little but longer, then gave the the original back to keep as a spare. That’s the one I’m using right now.

So, questions:

Can I simply get a new receiver? How do I know what size/type/length to order? Where’s the best place to order?

Or do I end up going to the audiologist, getting a replacement, and paying whatever it costs there?

I’m scheduled to return for a checkup next month. I can last until then and ask about repair prices at the office.

Yeah I haven’t heard it breaker part quite like that before,but it’s easy enough to change yourself, just pull the old out off and push the new one in.

You’ll find the size and power written on the end of the receiver, say something like 2/P (size 2 power)

Thanks. Yeah, the gray plastic part just broke in half. I don’t know how old it is, but it looks like it just got brittle. I’m normally very careful with it, but I don’t baby it, either. I know how to remove/replace it, it just snap out and back in and that’s how I put my spare back on.

I’ll look for ID marks on it and see if I can get a good picture of the thing.

Looks like the only mark I could see is “S2L”.

Power = S
Size = 2
Left = L

The original, which I am using now, is S3L.

I’m assuming the S2 is slightly longer than the S3.

S2 is shorter, 4 is the longest, so it’s a standard power your after, pretty sure you’ll be able to get on eBay at a good price.

1 Like

I’m seeing $150-ish on medical supply websites.

I’m pretty sure I requested a longer wire. The old one, what I’m using right now, is “S3L”. The broken one, the one I thought was longer, is “S2L”.

I’ll lay them side by side and see if I can tell the difference.

eBay would be a bit cheaper, $120 a set.

3 is longer then 2, which is shorter then a 4, it’s how it works, the length from the bend to the receiver (speaker) that fits in your ear canal changes length as well, some do seem to stick out more then others, maybe your referring to that.

I seem to remember complaining my first setup dug into the top of my ear. My audi swapped it out, I assumed with a longer set. But the part numbers seem to show otherwise.