Repair a Phonak Roger On?

I was just given a non working Phonak ON. I probably should just throw it in the garbage and try to forget ever seeing it but I’m a sucker for anguish and did actually learn from the great Select repair thread.

So, anyone out there know how to open the ON and replace the battery?

1 Like

Opening it is not the problem … remove 6 ruber plugs on the back and then remove 6 T3 torx screws and pry it open .

The battery is the problem … I have not been able to find them :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Are you sure it is the battery … will it work while connected to a power source?

2 Likes

Does it turn on at all? I repaired two that worked fine, but wouldn’t turn off. In both cases, the problem was a very simple mechanical issue with the switch. I can see how the same issue would cause one to not turn on. It was a very easy fix once I figured out what was wrong. The slow step was figuring out how to open the thing, since I’d never seen that arrangement with rubber plugs before. I never put the plugs back in, so I can post of pic of mine with them out in a bit.

2 Likes

It seems to work ok while in the dock but doesn’t take a charge and doesn’t turn on at all out of the dock. Seem to me to be a completely dead battery. Thanks for the tips on opening it I didn’t realize that those little things were removable plugs. Now to find a T3 screwdriver.

1 Like

Could you elaborate on the mechanical issue?
thanks
Ray

Same thing happened to me when I got a Roger Select from Ebay, battery dead, so I didn’t bother and asked for my money back, as it was advertised working which wasn’t true.

You asked me that once before, and I said I’d post a guide, then never got around to it. I even took pictures, and then forgot about it. Sorry! I’m at work now, but I’ll try to do it when I get home. The short answer is that the external switch (the plastic piece your finger pushes) wasn’t effectively ‘catching’ the lever of the internal switch that actually turns the thing on and off.

2 Likes

@CombatWombat I’m glad to know that I’m not the only one who forgets. :slight_smile:
Thanks

1 Like